KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hypermotard sold, RSV4 sold, Superduke is serviced, new tyres and ready to rock, just got to get the powerparts triples fitted on 14th April then off we go . . .
Gen 3?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
No mate, I’m not sure about them, not too keen on the subframe, exhaust or wheels. Hopefully they revert back to the trellis subframe on the Gen 4
Hmm I need a test ride as I don't know what to do with my SE

·
Registered
15,905 Posts
Hmm I need a test ride as I don't know what to do with my SE

Its no better than your bike, anyone who says it’s night and day is just a disappointed new owner who thought the new model was a massive step change, it just isn’t at all. If it was it would be in my garage now

·
Registered
15,905 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, if you jumped off a 2012 Speed Triple R and had a go on a gen 3 it would blow your mind, but so would going on a stock gen 1. For me the difference between the 3 generations are negligible and when you mod your own bike you bridge any perceived gaps and actually improve upon the bike anyway.

I’d love a go on a proper sorted gen 3, full Akrapovic, Motohooligan, blah blah blah, but I ain’t spunking £22k to get marginal gains, I’m past all that now. That means I’ll probably get one soon 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I was looking for a cheap SDR, any Gen but can’t find one. They must all be good.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
😁 the sun is out again , I have all three generations of the SDR in my garage , don't ask why or how , anyway , the bike I always seem to go for on a ride out first is the GEN 1 , if there was a bike I would sell tomorrow , it would be the GEN 3 . the GEN 1 is the absolute essence of what I think the 1290 SDR should be . I remember picking the GEN 1 up new from Colwyn Bay and instantly fell in love with it . that was before it had the Akra fitted , after that , well what can I say 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
😁 the sun is out again , I have all three generations of the SDR in my garage , don't ask why or how , anyway , the bike I always seem to go for on a ride out first is the GEN 1 , if there was a bike I would sell tomorrow , it would be the GEN 3 . the GEN 1 is the absolute essence of what I think the 1290 SDR should be . I remember picking the GEN 1 up new from Colwyn Bay and instantly fell in love with it . that was before it had the Akra fitted , after that , well what can I say 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 View attachment 38628
A fine collection

·
Registered
17,248 Posts
😁 the sun is out again , I have all three generations of the SDR in my garage , don't ask why or how , anyway , the bike I always seem to go for on a ride out first is the GEN 1 , if there was a bike I would sell tomorrow , it would be the GEN 3 . the GEN 1 is the absolute essence of what I think the 1290 SDR should be . I remember picking the GEN 1 up new from Colwyn Bay and instantly fell in love with it . that was before it had the Akra fitted , after that , well what can I say 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 View attachment 38628
All 3! 🤤

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Rode back straight into the City and out. Will probably get no end of points from Bus Lane usage 😂

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Rode back straight into the City and out. Will probably get no end of points from Bus Lane usage 😂
Back in 2008 they were carrying out a trial of bikes using bus lanes and as I entered the trial, near Croydon on a Saturday morning, I rode every bus lane to Brackens off the Old Kent Road to buy my 950SM and then back down towards Bromley and the A21 back to Hastings.
A few days later I found the trial was only for about 2 miles.
No tickets got issued though.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
How was the screen Terry?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts