KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would give you all a "Heads up" on how good the Extended Warranty has been for me:)

Mine is 07 990 Adv on a 08 plate with 30,000 miles on the clock & last year I took out the 1 year extended warranty for I think £130 something

Well I have just got back from a trip to Austria & Switzerland where it started to use coolant - a litre in 6 days:eek: Took it back to the dealers & it was the shaft water pump seal thingy! Fixed under warranty, no cost:D

The parts & oil alone were £130 so I think it was money well spent & I now have my baby back good as new:D:D

So here's to the next 30,000:scooter:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Interesting - I would have thought the water pump seal was a 'wear and tear' item at that sort of mileage ? But if it was done under warranty then all well and good !

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Interesting - I would have thought the water pump seal was a 'wear and tear' item at that sort of mileage ? But if it was done under warranty then all well and good !
I wouldn't expect any mechanical failure at such a low mileage - although I know the water-pump shaft seal is a weak-spot (I think mine might be on its way out too).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked with my local dealer who said "as long as you have it regularly serviced, mileage doen't matter on any engine parts"

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Checked with my local dealer who said "as long as you have it regularly serviced, mileage doen't matter on any engine parts"
What even a clutch???

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just thought I would give you all a "Heads up" on how good the Extended Warranty has been for me:)

Mine is 07 990 Adv on a 08 plate with 30,000 miles on the clock & last year I took out the 1 year extended warranty for I think £130 something

Well I have just got back from a trip to Austria & Switzerland where it started to use coolant - a litre in 6 days:eek: Took it back to the dealers & it was the shaft water pump seal thingy! Fixed under warranty, no cost:D

The parts & oil alone were £130 so I think it was money well spent & I now have my baby back good as new:D:D

So here's to the next 30,000:scooter:

I did this on mine recently as part of a full service, I replaced all the parts including circlips and casing gasket, cost was around £40 for bits. Filters cost around £10 plus 3.5litres of oil at around £10/litre if it is high quality stuff. So their parts prices are an exageration

1 - 7 of 7 Posts