KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Some of you will maybe have seen my posts for a Superduke 1290 R grab rail that I made for a pal then decided to make 10 more to offer to furum members. The thread is in Bikes and Bits for sale. Offered them at cost, plus a bit to cover my running around expenses, to forum members.

Anyhow, having still got a few left I decided to put a listing on Ebay, and got a bite. Posted it off to the buyer in Rotherham and according to Hermes tracking, it was signed for by household member (under their Covid signature rules). However, the guy came back saying he didn't receive it and wanted his money back. Upshot was, Ebay gave him a refund at my expense.

It's my strong belief that there is either a 1290 SDR in Rotherham area with my grab rail fitted, or someone trying to offload one on Facebook or other social media (I'm not on social media). So, I was hoping that if any guys who live in the area might keep their eyes peeled for a 1290 SDR with a grab rail fitted. Maybe at local bike meets etc. It can only be my grab rail, there aren't any alternatives on the market. If you happen to spot one fitted to an SDR could you try to take a quick pic of the bike and try to capture the number plate and then PM me? Or keep your eyes peeled for anyone selling a 1290 SDR grab rail on social media and let me know.

Sorry to ask, but as I haven't sold the majority of the grab rails I made I am quite a bit out of pocket at the moment, so can hardly afford for them to go 'missing'.

Anyway, thanks in anticipation of your help guys.

·
Administrator
8,601 Posts
Have you got a picture of one?

Reactions: Mannyroad

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mate, I would seriously reconsider using Hermes. The amount of times ebayers send me stuff with Hermes, it's then said it's been delivered, never to be seen again.
They're fucking atrocious. I ask sellers now if they use Hermes, and offer extra to send by RM, DPD, or a blind cunt with no legs. A'yone but Hermes.
I'm more inclined to believe there's a 98yr old woman with a 1290 grab rail, wondering what the hell it is.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Wazza, Ebay had the tracking number showing it was delivered but they still found in favour of buyer. Apparently Ebay always find for the buyer.
BigDaddyAdz, I was going to put one of the pics off my other thread (in the bike bits for sale) but have forgotten again how to upload a pic. Cant remember the web site for doing it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Set, no, for reasons I won't go into here on the forum, I don't believe a 98 yrs old woman has it, if you get my drift.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
OK. Just avoid Hermes, just not worth it. And yeah, ebay always finds in favour of the buyer if the tracking says it's been delivered. What else can they do, the evidence says they got it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, some people are. And it was tracked and signed for. Made no difference to E

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like your thinking Wazza. Top man. Just wish I was local to Rotherham cos I'd keep my eye out for a 1290 with a grab rail, hence why I posted this thread.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It is this fucking country, years of loony lefties fighting for the "rights" of arseholes, encouraging scum to breed and making sure that crime pays.

I try not to sell on ebay, although not personally had a problem to date, but I also only sell low value items, expensive bike bits always get sold on forums and I have had great results, no aggro and no fees.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I sent a WP shock to a chap in the Loire, France by MyHermes, as they wanted £12 whereas RM wanted £39 FFS
Never used them before, did it all online and dropped off at the local Parcel shop

Took 6 days, including a weekend and arrived yesterday and chap message me to say it had arrived fine

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
If you sent him the grab rail you have his address.................

Reactions: Andy.H

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I sent a WP shock to a chap in the Loire, France by MyHermes, as they wanted £12 whereas RM wanted £39 FFS
Never used them before, did it all online and dropped off at the local Parcel shop

Took 6 days, including a weekend and arrived yesterday and chap message me to say it had arrived fine
Hermes hand it off to Mondial Relay in France. We use Mondial at our French sites, and they're good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was on the receiving end - or not - of a Hermes vanishing item. 30 quids worth of led indicator parts. Tracked, signed, etc... Never arrived. Hermes said it was handed to a family member at the address. Impossible, there are 2 of us, both posties, working together 3 miles away at the time. I asked for gps data in case it had been mis delivered. They said they didn't have it. They could give me an exact time, though, so either a pda or smartphone was used. Still wouldnt give me the data, and eventually said that because their contract was with the seller, they weren't going to answer any more questions. I reluctantly raised a case with the merchant, and got a refund, so the merchant should have pursued the location data. Hermes have no customer service number to speak to anyone, abysmal company when it goes wrong. I now ask sellers not to send stuff by Hermes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts