KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that seem to spoil it for eveyone .

A very good friend of mine who is also a biker has a a house on a greenlane ,there are many bikes that pass through there and he or his wife are always out to open the gate ,offering coffee to anyone who stops or offering assistance if it is needed .

Tuesday afternoon a group passed through at a rapid rate of knots ,scarring all the animals ,his two very young children started crying and his wife was rather upset ,she approched the guy who held the gate open only to be told " i dont know anything and it's nothing to do with me "he then jumped on his bike and rode off .

After a bit of investigation the ride organiser was contacted and he was very apologetic ,he said he was in front of the group and did'nt know anything about it .

Now this is a very well known guide around these parts and he is charging people to go on rides ,the only problem is that he is taking people all over the place and a lot of it is illegal .The same people then log the routes and come back down thinking that everything they have done is legal ,this is spoling it for everybody .

Please be aware of this if you are planning on hiring a guide down this way that the routes wont be legal also if you are passing though villages or peoples houses please take your time as we all like to use these lanes and there is a time and place for hooning about

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Good point well made sir. We spoke to a guided group in your area earlier in the year and they were a bit surprised at their guide's gung ho go anywhere attitude. Same guy possibly? We researched and rode legal trails but still got a "get off my land" welcome from one chap that had put up homemade signs and tried to pass them off as legal.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Ta muchly for that, off to the Hafren in a couple of weeks and did the d2d again so that will be 4 times in Wales this year,will be getting an accent soon if I'm not careful. Any luck selling the XT yet?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mate the XT went to a guy traveling down through Africa ,bought myself a nice ktm 690 enduro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts