KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thetford Forest Ride-Out - 13 & 14 November

It's been a while since the last one (June to be exact) so it's probably time to organise another one.

Thetford Forest is a great playground for the big KTMs, so if you've not got yours muddy yet, then a) why not?, and b) come and join in! :D

Provisional dates are Saturday 13th & Sunday November 14th, and it'll be the same route both days. Unfortunately the new lanes I researched over the summer have now closed for the winter, although I'll try to slip something new in somewhere.

We'll meet at Walker's Café, near Fiveways Roundabout at 10.00. Google Map

And I know you'll be better behaved than the last group I took there (TRF hooligans! :eek::p)

Any takers?

Saturday Names [Full]
Aiolos
Flee
Dave Jones
Stay Upright
Dibdob
Riti +1
Signxman *
drb +1

Sunday Names [8 places]

Beer
Clem
Geko
Mav
Seiko +3
Flee
Norm de Plume *
MHSnowy * +1

No reserves :D
* Kindly offered to assist in the cat-herding! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I may well be tempted to come along. Only had the 950adv a short while, and need to get some mud under my tyres.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
I may well be tempted to come along. Only had the 950adv a short while, and need to get some mud under my tyres.
glad to see you've got an ADV millar:)

I could be interested ;) Any camp sites near there ?
camping in November:eek: fook that!!

Gordo - I should be OK for Nov 14th and will pencil it in my diary untill date confirmed...will ride up from Kent as usual

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have added that I can't really have more than ten to a group, so if there are any volunteers to lead a second group that would be grand :D

As for camping, I don't know... and it'll be freezing. There's a spare room available at Gordo Towers (well, it's more of a heap really...) for anyone from further afield. Or floor-space.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
FFS - why are these ride-outs always so far away - we have forests up norf too ya know!!

Would love to come along but not sure a 500 mile round trip from Newcastle is much fun in November, and any knobblies I had at the start of the ride would be gone by Peterborough.

Although, one more big argument with the missus or kids and I'm there! Going stir crazy at the mo :cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
After the great weekend in Wales I am itching for another ride.
I will be there!:scooter:
Beer we can meet up for breakfast on the way.:)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FFS - why are these ride-outs always so far away - we have forests up norf too ya know!!
Thetford's not far away, only 40mins. You just live in the wrong place ;)

As a thought, if there are any dirt-virgins who would like a small group, slow-paced tour of Thetford's tamer lanes on the Saturday then I'm happy to arrange that too.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
After the great weekend in Wales I am itching for another ride.
I will be there!:scooter:
Beer we can meet up for breakfast on the way.:)
sure can mate - thetford is flat and fast; with the odd muddy rutted bit and also with some short sandy sections which you don't get to ride unless you do a beach race; not on a par with Wales but good fun all the same

I'll call you nearer to time - i know a good place to meet and we can use some back roads on the way up - bit longer but much nicer

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Gordo,

Put me down please.... will have to confirm nearer the time...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bullet firmly bitten. Gonna get spending so can I come and play out? :D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Gordon

Funny, I was talking about this with Jackie the other night - put us both down ta!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts