KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There'll be at least 3 of us riding Superdukes at Brands this Friday (me, Shade and Hawkman) so if anyone else is around and wants to book in, or even just turn up and be our brolly dollies. Clinky has threatened to stop by, and perhaps Weeksy too...

For those who've never been, it's a pretty nice venue even if you're not riding, (half decent grub, coffee and even a proper gear shop) and is about 40 mins out of Central London, or much less from the South East, where the M25 meets the A20.

Weather forecast can't make up it's mind, but it is supposed to be getting warmer and drier after this Thursday... so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Have fun - I hope the weather gods are kind.

I'm in China and my bike is in the workshop waiting to have the base gasket replaced.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Pete. Very sad you won't be there. I haven't seen you for ages.

Where are you in China? I've always wanted to go.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know most of China is pretty grim now, but I did fancy Changai and the great wall... before the Chinese blow it all up, or immerse it beneath smog and grime.

When are you back? Autumn trackday?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I should be back towards the end of next week.

I hope to ride at Lydden Hill on Sat Sept 11th - test the bike after the motor's been apart - then it's off to Jerez late Sept with track sense.

Then it's the big one - Ms Fernandez has her MMA debut!

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What... MMA. Seriously? Which series?

I know a few peeps in Cage Rage and BFC, etc. can we go see her fight?

...and I though the Dutchess was tough!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It's a club thing in Spain - semi pro rules, in a ring not a cage.
Lisa has held a black belt in Karate for years, pretty good kick boxer too. She's been working really hard at BJJ this year.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lovely... used to have Roger Gracie teaching BJJ at my local gym. It's pretty hardcore, and of course it was BJJ that initially created the UFC, so no question it works...

Good luck to her - and don't forget to be polite. :eek:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Dutch, I would'nt bother taking the bike to brands, just take a power boat!!

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dutch, I would'nt bother taking the bike to brands, just take a power boat!!
LOL... Sad, but def true if you booked yesterday or today... Friday weather is currently suggesting damp start, but dry all afternoon.

Fingers crossed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts