KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm struggling to be super smooth when rolling the throttle on out of turns when on anything but race track smooth surfaces, which tends to be all the time unless I'm on a race track:hmh: anyone used the G2 throttle cam kit, if so does it make much difference?
Also what about a power commander to smooth out the fueling? I can't stretch my budget to pipes right now, but has anyone used PC with the standard pipes and had any joy?
If not, any other ideas?

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Easy dude, requires removing of bellypan to access one eliminator by the collection of battery wires, the other requires removal off the side fairing by the radiator fill up point (offside) the other O2 elim is by the big gray ECU connector ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the G2 throttle cam. It does make a bit of difference, especially control of throttle mid corner. They come with three cams aswell so you can experiment a bit, most end up using the 300 cam.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've got cans, pc 3 etc if i can remember did make a difference but the throttle still needs gentle handling, but thats what makes the bike 'cool' as you have to concentrate, if you get my meaning

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
705 Posts
No it wont affect the warranty as when you get the akra map if you ever get aftermarket cans it disables the 2nd and 3rd gear anyway, crack on fella.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the pc111 + cans and G2 throttle + dna air filter. I cant say its worth the extra cost or effort to be honest. at best the cans make the bike sound nice and with the pc111 a few extra bhp. and I mean a few(4-6) and i can honestly say that cost I have tried disconnecting the lot except the cans. I tried stock remap against the akra make and dyno map. its so little I would lay cash on it that most people could not tell the difference. maybe if your a tune expert or pro racer. mines an 07 by the way.

if your having problems with bumpy ground moving the hand on the throttle( and that affects me too) it comes down to wrist control keeping a steady pace over that ground and learning to keep the hand in tune with the throttle. dont try to give a little bit of throttle over bumpy stuff, just keep it smooth through them. adjust the shocks to match the terrain and thats not easy if you cover slow bumpy stuff along with fast smooth stuff on the same ride.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Job done. Easy job once I got the plug apart, she were a bit stubborn. Took it for a spin and maybe was a bit smoother though hard to tell in 5 mins up the road. Off for a proper jaunt tomorrow so I'll have a better idea then.
Also ordered those O2 sensor eliminators off eBay today so they'll be next.
So what's this SAS malarky? I think i remember disconnecting something like this on my 950sm a few years back and found it made no difference?! Cheers for your help Dan, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
The SAS system requires two block of plates, if you PM Millar he sells the plates for 20GBP, the SAS system basically put oxygen into the engine when decelerating causing pops with an aftermarket set of cans, it basically used for emission regs.

Have a read of page 7:
http://www.cwgsy.net/private/rick/MH_Airbox_V1_6.pdf

Dont think it would assist your snatchy throttle but worth doing if you get aftermarket exhausts ;)

Hope fully the O2 sensores assist, the 2nd 3rd gear mod does not improve fueling as fa as I know, but thought you might want full power haha

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More power can't be a bad thing, looking forward to me rude tomorrow to find out!
Had a look at that link, very useful and makes a lit of sense. That airbox look pretty cool too. Got to get me one of them!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have the motohooligan airbox, induction roar is worth the money in itself! ORSM! not met an unhappy customer yet! let us know reults of 02 ELIMS.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Mine came with akras and akra map as standard - throttle not terrible but not good.

Fitted G2 with softer cam and signicantely better.

Removed SAS and fiited 02 eliminators better again.

Fitted PC3, BMC filter and had it custom mapped on a dyno - much better again :)

Throttle is now as good as it is going to get :burnout:

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Instead of spending +100 for a G2 get the RC8 grip set, cut off the rubber of the throttle grip, cut the throttle tube to same length as the standard one, then grind away the littele anchors on the tube (which fix the rubber grip in place) with a Dremel hi speed grinder. Throttle action will be much smoother. This mod costs you 60 minutes and 25 bucks. However, turning the throttle to full open can be tiring as its not a quick action cam. But its the same with the "slower" cam on the G2.

O2 eliminators do have negative effects too, this you should keep in mind especially when you go above 2000 meters...

Cheers Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts