1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
534 Posts
You need a BSI mark on your visor for it to be legal and shatter proof. You won't find one on a full tinted visor so it will be illegal.

According to P & H in Crawley a full tinted visor is legal. :dozey:

According to West Sussex Police a full tinted visor is illegal.

I know who I believe.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Guess it's down to what the plod are like in your area ... I've had a propper black visor on my road lid's for years without a pull, and the first thing I did when I bought some Oakley's for the MX lid was get the darkest lense I could find (dont like mirror finish though just black :cool:) ... though I dont ride at night anymore which you should prob consider !! ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have oakley goggles with dark tint but if I'm gonna be out after dark i have to beware of plodding vampires so keep clear lens in pocket.
Have had hassles with black visor in places, basically if plod are short of cash it's illegal and then it's an excuse to go over your bike for anything else they don't like

·
Registered
790 Posts
What about one of these.

http://www.pinlock.com

They come standard with the new Tour X
Inserts like these aren't covered under the visor laws, I think???
Can anyone clarify?

R

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ive never had a clear visor, and Ive never had any trouble from anyone about my dark visors. I think stories of people being pulled for visors is a bit of a myth to be honest.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have always had a dark race visor & never been pulled, but only use in daylight hours.

Just got to be sensible, dark for day / clear for night, if necessary carry a clear just in case you get caught out after dark

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That site states "The visors that we sell are not BSI or EC05 approved and are intended for off-road or track use only." so they're genuine race visors.

I had a light tint Arai which was kite marked, even then a got a bolloxing off a copper for it (after I'd been pulled for speeding) - the light tint's are OK, but not much cop in terms of sunglasses replacement.

How about disposable contact lenses + sunglasses?

RTS

·
Registered
666 Posts
That site states "The visors that we sell are not BSI or EC05 approved and are intended for off-road or track use only." so they're genuine race visors.

that's why I said "ILLEGAL dark RACE visor!!!!!":rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
I keep a light tint Pinlock on my Arai all year round and I am told it is legal because it has a certain level of tint below the legal limit - same as not being allowed dark tints on car front door windows.

What about getting a set of reactive (reactolite) glasses for the bike then you don't need to worry!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
+1 I also use pinlock smoked inserts. Deffo go for the genuine Pinlock inserts, rather than the Arai or other brands (which scratch VERY easily).
Thought that genuine 'Pinlock' and genuine 'Arai' were already tied into a joint venture in the UK - So what's the difference that you are indicating?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thought that genuine 'Pinlock' and genuine 'Arai' were already tied into a joint venture in the UK - So what's the difference that you are indicating?
Don't know anything about that but do know that my Arai inserts (x2) got scratched by toilet paper, and my Pinlock insert hasn't got a scratch so far.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts