KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great pics, My grandfather was one of the 1st out with the BEF in WW2, was over the age of conscription at the time but volunteered, never spoke about it when alive, many years after he died a diary was found when my Nan passed away, very interesting reading and very sad - and I could see why he hated the Germans from a few bits he wrote about the dive bombing and strafing fleeing refugees.

Near the end of the retreat he heard a baby crying in a bombed out house, everyone else dead, all he could do was force it into the arms of a fleeing refugee and ask them to take care of it.

The rest of the war he spent being bombed daily in Malta, by this time his writing in the diary had stopped, my guess is being bombed all night and burying bodies all day was probably too much for him to want to write down.

Now can everyone stay the fuck away from gatherings this weekend please, not much to ask is it?
My grandfather was also in Malta but on one of the submarines based there. It was the submarine Unbroken and as a kid he would tell us of all the things that happened, they were so far out I really didn't believe much of it. Later I was working offshore and ran out of books to read but found one laying around called "Go in and sink". I started reading it and it was like I had read it before, when I next saw Oliver he said that his captain had written it. Also it was featured in a film about the siege of Malta. So much respect for those who were there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Meanwhile all these immigrants that have done nothing for our country and replaced all our British white men and women who died in WW2.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Same here self employed cleaned the van painted the bedroom laying new floors luckily got flooring before shut down, up and out with the spaniel 5.30 am over the mountains, but after that bored, got the 799 ktm and a old rmz 259 but knowing me I will end up hurting myself and end up putting more stress on nhs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Regardless of race, thats pathetic! No wonder you are getting hit so hard! What’s wrong with people! Dumb cunts.
Its got everything to do with race, covid 19 is to do with race and the UK going to shite is too, maybe Australia is different or you just have your head in the clouds.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well I don't know about the rest of you but I was laid off on the 24th. Self employed so no dosh yet.....yes I'm getting board......
Me too, all projects either on hold (indefinitely) which means I am out of work at the end of the month, and my average earnings over the last few years are beyond £50k so I get nothing because The Government claim we are all rich....

...Yet still pay £2500 for footballers on £350k a week, now they could argue they pay more tax....

...But so could I, as an employee on £30k a year will be paying a lot less tax than me, and be entitled to £2500 a month.

Another total stitch up on the self employed - and small businesses, offering loans to little shops and small hotels is not much help, they will never have the money to pay it back if they lose a whole summers trading, same will apply to most tourist based businesses who may not generate any significant turnover until next year if the lockdown is not pretty much fully lifted before the school summer holidays.

Sure that the war generation had it a lot tougher, but it seems to me that the government are abandoning the 5 million self employed and millions of small businesses - that employ millions more who probably won't have a job to go back to when this is all over.

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
Me too, all projects either on hold (indefinitely) which means I am out of work at the end of the month, and my average earnings over the last few years are beyond £50k so I get nothing because The Government claim we are all rich....

...Yet still pay £2500 for footballers on £350k a week, now they could argue they pay more tax....

...But so could I, as an employee on £30k a year will be paying a lot less tax than me, and be entitled to £2500 a month.

Another total stitch up on the self employed - and small businesses, offering loans to little shops and small hotels is not much help, they will never have the money to pay it back if they lose a whole summers trading, same will apply to most tourist based businesses who may not generate any significant turnover until next year if the lockdown is not pretty much fully lifted before the school summer holidays.

Sure that the war generation had it a lot tougher, but it seems to me that the government are abandoning the 5 million self employed and millions of small businesses - that employ millions more who probably won't have a job to go back to when this is all over.
The whole thing, money, governments, banks its all a swindle to start off with. I don't know why the fuck governments can't get together and declare a debt amnesty over this, its happened in the past. Money only becomes real, tangible when you work, create something of value. Problem for me is they calculate over 3 year average, first year I was giving palliative care to my old dear.....so didn't work for about 11 months.

The irony is, 98% of my work is for NHS. The project Ive been working on HSCN, has been said to be critical but I don't see how. Speed of processing data isn't really relevant in this crisis if its putting people at risk. So everything has been postponed until further notice.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts