KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my mate are heading down there for the weekend, camping saturday night.

If anybody fancies it give me the heads up

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think so, can anybody confirm?

Any decent alternatives?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
A friend has spoken to a contact he knows in Powys and he has confirmed it is closed ,how did you find out it's open ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
a friend went there last week,so did sand380 off here im guessing this is a recent last week closure then

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just need it confirming before the weekend

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
its still open, but its offically closed if you get my drift.

Everyone i know is still using it, tom made a new access road to stop the fuzz giving you grief but they still do. Turn up and pay your money and you get on its that simple. If you get stopped by the fuzz and get turned around which can happen on occasions, give it an hour, go and get something to eat and come back they will have buggered off by then.

ring tom to confirm but he'll say its open 01597 870202

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea tom said to my mate if the plod turn you away go off for an hour for some grub and try again, but there were no plod there when he went last week

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, we'l be going down on the saturday mid-dayish. If anybody else is there come say hello.

There will be me and my mate, 250 EXC and a 450 CRF and his lad on a PW80 :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah toms is still open. we found its worth leaving late friday night so you get there late so theres no coppers. if the fuzz do stop you they will issue you with £30 fine on the spot!
if you do happen to go in the daytime and they try to turn you away, just tell them your going to pick your kids up. the only issue with that is you run the risk of getting the fine still.
tom said the fuzz keep putting bigger and bigger boulders at the gates to stop people from crossing. the last boulders he removered were 3 ton each.

we are going again in a few weeks time but we are going prepared....... a generator and a small jack hammer should do the trick........ id do it on principal after traveling 5 hours lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't he say anything about the fuzz blocking entry onto his land?

I'd be a bit pissed if they kept putting rocks on my drive.

Nothing better to do hey

·
Registered
269 Posts
its because the road leading to toms farm is owned by the national trust. he has permission to use it but others dont. the council have even stopped royal mail going for gods sake. its all getting a little out of hand

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
pathetic

is it me or are the old bill and the local council up there thick as pig shit? there only forcing people to ride illegally, you'd think by now they would allocate areas that people could ride there bikes without any bother, i'd love to know how much revenue off road bikers generate with all the off road racing going on and how much money is passed around these villages? and can it be legal to give someone an on the spot fine for being on these roads, especially if your lost!!!:hmh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
is it me or are the old bill and the local council up there thick as pig shit? there only forcing people to ride illegally, you'd think by now they would allocate areas that people could ride there bikes without any bother, i'd love to know how much revenue off road bikers generate with all the off road racing going on and how much money is passed around these villages? and can it be legal to give someone an on the spot fine for being on these roads, especially if your lost!!!:hmh:
well said agree 100 percent,we lost are track down here after the council let us use it for 6 months.. usual bullshit pics of the council in the local paper saying how great they are by putting a stop to illegal riding by allowing use of said track, 6 months later they tell the farmer it has to close,wankers

·
Registered
634 Posts
went to toms two weeks ago got stoped by the cops on the way home on the back road just after the forest track, he told me that this would be my first and last warning if he see,s me up there again he will converscate van and bike etc, told me i was very lucky not to have been caught on the forest road, not a very plesant copper shame as its cops like him that give them such a bad name, i understand he had a job to do but no need to treat people the way he did,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts