KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Was wondering the same, and is it open mid week, might travel over for a couple of days when i'm off shift for something to do

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Where is it? Was reccommended to my by one of the guys I know who works for a company in Welshpool but not sure where it is.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Feck me :eek: are all those tracks just like a ride where you want too kinda thing? If so, I need Tom on my Christmas card list :smokin:

·
Registered
987 Posts
just got from another forum ....

Tom's Farm MX and Enduro courses. Give Tom Breese a ring on 01597 870202 for details (practice your Welsh placenames first though). Open 7 days a week from 10:00 all year round.

Directions: From the center of Rhayader (the clocktower), take the A470 NW towards Llangurig for a few yards. Then right onto B4518 just after arts centre/cinema/whatever-it-is, signed to St Harmon. Go through St Harmon & keep going to Pan-y-dwr. Turn right by pub/phone box towards Bwlch-y-sarnau. When you get to a junction on a right-hand bend, go straight on - not right to Bwlch. This should take you into the forest. Look out for a left turn just after a right-hand bend, & take it. Follow this down, through the gate at the end of the forest, & behold the wonderland

right so thats where it is , seems some confusion as to whether its still open thou !
have read about a death , injuries n health n safety , tax evasion , blockades by police etc !

anyone confirm this??? Also talk of Tom and his Mrs being beaten up after a break in.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have heard all sorts of stories incliding those of it having a new access road etc lol, It's almost like the place is mythical the amount of random stories about it :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll just have to go and chance it to see, either that or give Tom a call although he never normally answers the bloody phone. Anyone thinking of going i would highly reccomend it as a good weekend or day out, you can literally ride anywhere within the fences a good few hundred acres anyway, all this for a tenner its true

·
Registered
498 Posts
its a shit hole,but if your localish & for a tenner worth it i spose.was pretty rough on/off the track when i went.keep an i eye your gear iv herd few things have gone missing

·
Registered
103 Posts
I heard on saturday that Tom is in prison at the moment for tax evasion,(apparently a tax inspector turned up posing as a rider paid cash and started asking questions)also the acess road to his farm has been blocked because it,s not a right of way.Looks like there out to get him.But again it might just be a rumour.There was also a great place to ride at Corwen (north Wales)but that has been closed, due to the farmer being sued by a rider who fell off in november 08 and ended up paralized.The land owner is now being done for neglagence.Theres getting less and less places to ride all the time in this nanny state!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a shame if he is in prison there are'nt many places left to ride in this country anymore, but just a mere 1700 miles away is the best place in the world for riding, Serbia is awesome, Me and four others just got back and where we stayed was a national park and you can ride anywhere , there's hills, woods and rock for miles, every day we were out we ended up 60 or more miles away from the cabin just by riding off road

·
Registered
109 Posts
Must admit i'm thinking of going abroad for a bit next year, dont know the best place to go for some good enduro type practice though, have got a year to research it, i just thought toms would be good for getting some 'bum on seat' time somewhere random :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts