KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Picked up the KTM handguard kit for my 2017 GT. There aren't any instructions in the box, and I can't find the torque settings in the manual. They are just a straight replacement for the standard handlebar ends. Seemed to be about a million other torque settings but not the one I was after!

Anyone know what these should be torqued to?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Never seen any fitting instructions give torque settings.
Do as Ship says. If they move, they are useless.

·
Registered
SD 1290 GT '17
1 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting this thread - I've just got the KTM handguards for my 2017 GT, and am struggling to get the handguards tightly bolted in. The handguard swings free, even though the bolts are tightened up. Looks like I'm missing something really obvious here!
I removed the end bolt, pulled the light-coloured bolt (weight?) out from the handlebar tube. Clicked the handguard cover to the handguard bar, then put the silver grommet (if that's the right word to use) into the hole at the end of the handguard. Pushed the threaded end of the bolt through that grommet and into the light-coloured bolt, turned it a couple of times until the threads engaged, and slid them back into the bar tube, then tightened the bolt up. With the bolt tight, the handguard isn't tight at all, and just swings. There doesn't seem to be a spacer or washer in the kit, so it must be me not doing something.
Any advice welcomed.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Visit supplying dealer, I am sure they will help and piss themselves if you are being a muppet.

As for torque settings normally manuals give generic values based on thread diameter - dont confuse with socket size :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts