KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive settled on getting my torque wrenches from Halfords if you think theres better then feel free to say.

Problem is Halfords list 4 of them ranging from different NM but they overlap each other and need help deciding what ones to get.

1 : 3/8 Square 12-60 NM
2 : 1/2 Square 20-100 NM
3 : 1/2 Square 40-200 NM
4 : 1/2 Square 60-300 NM

Now do i really need all 4? Im thinking getting Number 1 and Number 3 or 4 ?

What do you think?

EDIT for both car and bike.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
1 and 3 will cover most things

Reactions: AndyF12 and Miner

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have 1 and 3 (not Halfords though) and I'm going to buy a 1/4" one soon as the clearance is tight on my 990SD. The cam bridge bolts are very close to the frame so can't use a reducer from the 3/8" one.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
As above... I’ve got 6-30Nm 1/4” drive, 10-80Nm 3/8” but it’s gubbed so got a 20-80 3/8” one and a something to 200 odd 1/2”... covers most. 1 & 3 are plenty... might want to get one that goes below 10Nm though... unless you don’t have OCD.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The Halfords ones are as good as any on the market - always Auto Express mags best wrench. I like ours. They are made by Norbar who are also very helpful. I needed the torque length of my wrench as I use a torque convertor for the front cylinder nuts on our 125 - e mailed Norbar and received the figure same day. Bob.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i will go with 1 and 3...

But then 4 might be better... but probably longer handle im guessing?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a set of 3 from Norbar, fantastic quality and you can send / take them back to them for re-calibration, UK based (Banbury) and have been around a long time,

I expect these wrenches will outlast me!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Can't see why you'd need 2 & 3 when 1 & 4 cover the range that 2 & 3 do. Unless I'm missing something.
You'd just need a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have Halfords Pro 1, 3 and 4 for both bike and car use. They are used most often in that order too. The 4th used drve shafts etc on the 4x4 so not that often and also quite a bit larger than the others too. The 3/8 is used most regular.
The Halfords Pro torque wrenches are actually Norbar rebranded.

I also have a 4-30nm IBM branded Norbar torque wrench

1 - 16 of 16 Posts