KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to successfully mount a pair of Touratech 2-litre bottle racks on to the rear of my Gobi panniers. They only pick up on four holes but are secure and I've tried them off-road with 2-litres of water in the bottles with no problems. My work computer won't allow me to attach photos but pm me with an eMail address if you want any photos. The method was to drill a M4 hole through both skins and use a wood-borer to enlarge the inner hole to 22mm, I then cut a length of 22mm domestic plastic water tube to place between the skins. I used a 50mm M4 dome-headed bolt to join everthing with a 3/8 inch tap-washer between the bottle rack and the outer skin and a 40mm washer on the inner face and nyloc nuts to stop it vibrating undone. I also intend to seal everthing with plummer's silicon to allow the void to be used for storing water if required at a later date.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good call. I have the taps fitted to mine and was wondering if not make an expensive mistake or not ;)

Can you PM me the photos?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I've also got taps fitted, although one of my panniers was holed in a collision in Morocco (with a rock - we exchanged insurance details :rolleyes:).

Often wondered about fitting that sort of thing to the top box instead, which is single-skin. If you're able to e-mail me some photos that would be great (I can stick them up on here for you too).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts