KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,. Just got a tpi which is the first new enduro I have bought. I have been advised that you should have the first service done with the dealer to validate the month warranty. Wanted to know if most owners do this or if you just crack on with your own maintenance like normal? Thanks in advance for any views.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I always did the first service at my dealer. The main point is, that if the KTM bastards look into the dealer network and see you've made the first service at your dealer its more likely that they will help you when the warranty is over. Kinda goodwill repairs and stuff...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would definitely get the first service done at a dealer then get out on the bike as much as possible before the month warranty is out just to prove the bike as when the warranty is out DO NOT EXPECT a goodwill gesture off KTM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kind of thinking that way. I suspect all the service will be is a bolt check, oil change, and reading the ECU for error codes but it does give you a bit of cover if the bike fails big time. Bit of a ball ache as the service is a 110 mile round trip but hey ho.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I just took my ECU back. And has map upgraded while there. That was 2018 though. Saved the hassle of taking the bike

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had the 150 first service done and 2 hours later it blew up and guess what I'm not covered .I think it depends on your dealer .Personally I'll do it myself next time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the 150 first service done and 2 hours later it blew up and guess what I'm not covered .I think it depends on your dealer .Personally I'll do it myself next time.
Not good that pal. Just keep at them and hopefully they will sort something out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts