KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've got this all wrong and must be missing something but whats the difference ? The menu options are identical for both modes, if you alter anything on performance mode like throttle map it also alters in the track mode and visa versa . As far as I can make out you just get a different coloured screen :unsure:

Someone hear is going to make me look an idiot and explain the ways of my ignorance, this is a mk3 bike I'm questioning but the mk2 may be the same.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They do the same thing but performance retains the use of cruise control and my ride, track doesn't

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do the same thing but performance retains the use of cruise control and my ride, track doesn't
So I'm not missing much then seeing as we have no my ride :rolleyes: . To be honest if they do the same thing apart from the 2 options extra within the performance mode why bother with track? I guess I'm still missing the point hear lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dash shows the TC level in track and has a more race look I guess.
ive turned the back light to stay in night mode (Orange) full time as found the constant changing in different light was annoying

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's possible that the throttle response (i.e. mapping details) will differ between Performance and Track modes - possibly not night and day different and maybe not that easy to differentiate, but anything that comes as part of the Track Pack, such as turning off the Anti-Wheelie feature, will only work in Track Mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be different on a Gen.3, but on a Gen.2 you can turn anti-wheelie off and on in any mode, but the over-ride only works on Track mode...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts