KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got myself a Blackberry Bold, it has got GPS on it and I was digging about on the net and came accross this site:-

www.instamapper.com

Basically if you have a phone with GPS, you can have it send stuff to this website and can logon later and retrace your route, it shows speeds, direction, time etc etc and your mrs can logon and see where you are live(this might not be a good idea). You only create a username and don't have to put any personal details in, not even your phone number.

You can download the tracks from the net to google earth and in other formats for other stuff, not sure what. :confused: Post links of your previous trips and even have a live link of where you are that updates in real time on your website for all to see.

Just thought it may be a good way to show some good rides etc etc, or just to see how far you've been and how fast :D or slow in my case :eek:

Not sure exactly which phones it'll work on, but it works on my Blackberry and on the Mrs's iphone (so I can keep my eye on her !)

Example screen grab below:-

Let me know what you think ?

Not bad for free I don't think, and if you leave your phone under your seat and it gets nicked, we can all go and greet the thieving scrote that nicked your bike :D:D:D

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Blimey... That's either brilliant or very scary.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've got copilot on my phone and it does the same thing also you can send messages and new places to go and stuff. I used to use it a lot on my last phone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you a copper or just big brother's little brother ???
Neither, I'm just a bit of a geek :D

I like it to look back at where I have been, how slow, distance etc etc. My trip on my bike does work before anyone asks :p

Just thought it'd be useful to show off any good rides etc. I'll take it with me when I go next and post it up. (Will be Rivington and Belmont areas in Lancashire)

:burnout:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
the only problem with these is the feds can use it against you.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Useless to me unless i can use it on my PC

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Useless to me unless i can use it on my PC
It is PC based for viewing, you install an app on your phone, it sends info to the net when your out on ya bike, (you can set intervals, say send a pt every 5 seconds, or every 30 seconds, etc.)

I like it, just thought others may be interested, but obviously not everyone is keen.

It is weird though when you see it tracking live on the net, I stuck it in the car when the Mrs went to the shop.

It'd be handy if you had an off and landed in a bush........;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts