KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never done a track day before and was wondering if anyone could recommend one for a 950 as I don't want to go to a track which is perfect for Superbikes but rubbish for SM's.

Max 2 hr drive from the Midlands would be ideal.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cadwell, Rocki, Mallory and Donny are the most appropriate for a 950sm.

Only really Silverstone that's not really suited as such.

·
Administrator
8,415 Posts
I did Brands Hatch Indy circuit and that was good, I don't know if it would be close enough for you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I did Silverstone National a couple of years ago and that was fine on my 950SM. Mallory would be good as would Rockingham.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I've never done a track day before and was wondering if anyone could recommend one for a 950 as I don't want to go to a track which is perfect for Superbikes but rubbish for SM's.

Max 2 hr drive from the Midlands would be ideal.

Cheers!
Me and a bunch of people are doing Rocki on the 21st April (Sunday) with No Limits if you want a bunch of people to chat to mate.

We're staying in hotel locally the night before for beers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love brands Indy on the smr. Done it when I had the Ducati 848 too but on the smr I was just as quick in damp conditions.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Angelsey, Oulton and Pembrey (just dont stick yer leg out the marshalls at Pembrey are anti supermoto). Didnt enjoy Donnington GP circuit more suited to sportsbikes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wicked thanks guys! Like the sound of Rockingham and Mallory as they're pretty close to me.

thanks for the invite weeksy - I'll drop u a line if i can make it. Do u have to have leathers or will they allow textile suit?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
wicked thanks guys! Like the sound of Rockingham and Mallory as they're pretty close to me.

thanks for the invite weeksy - I'll drop u a line if i can make it. Do u have to have leathers or will they allow textile suit?
Leathers only. Depending on size I may be able to help you

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm 6' 1" and 77kg, does that stack up weeksy? And do u sweat?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL. Have you booked and if so who with and how much? Ta.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've done Silverstone and Donnington. Silverstone was good except for the Hanger Straight, which you really want to end about halfway! I thought Donnington was good on the 950SM as the straights are short and the footpegs aren't the limit on a lot of the corners, such as Craner Curves.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts