KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much and how often!?

Ok so this month and next month I have looooooads of meetings with track owners to negotiate the dates for next year. BEFORE I go i'd like some feedback on the following...

How many trackdays per month would you do if the venue was within 2 hours and cost between £45-£60 for a MINIMUM of 6 x 20 minute sessions. Or possably open pitlane depending on forward booking.

IF I offered a discount for advanced online booking... Would you commit or would you wait for the weather forecast?

Photographer.... £10 a CD... Acceptable?

And when would you guys ride? Im holding off on anything big between now and feb... Or are you all hardcore riders? ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
What's happened to the Swaffham event you had advertised on your website for 18th November? I tried to book it THREE times last week but Paypal wouldn't accept my payment, so i asked my oldman to ring you on my behalf and he said you're not taking any bookings till next week. But i've been on your website again today and THAT date is no longer available?? Are you not running a trackday on the 18th now then???

I'd attend a trackday every week that i'm back home in the country (depending on where it is, i'm down South). I'd pay £10 for a CD of a days antics all-day-long, and with regards to the weather, that's what WET tyres are for! It'd also be good if the OFF-ROAD part of the circuits could STILL be available to ride EVEN if the weather isn't great too.

James.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's happened to the Swaffham event you had advertised on your website for 18th November? I tried to book it THREE times last week but Paypal wouldn't accept my payment, so i asked my oldman to ring you on my behalf and he said you're not taking any bookings till next week. But i've been on your website again today and THAT date is no longer available?? Are you not running a trackday on the 18th now then???

I'd attend a trackday every week that i'm back home in the country (depending on where it is, i'm down South). I'd pay £10 for a CD of a days antics all-day-long, and with regards to the weather, that's what WET tyres are for! It'd also be good if the OFF-ROAD part of the circuits could STILL be available to ride EVEN if the weather isn't great too.

James.
Hiya James, the event you are refering to was part of a site test before it went live. The reason you couldnt book is because we had switched payment options off. The first date I have at Swaffam is the 10th. Thats a live date and we will be there bright and early rain or shine! We are only running a few local events before xmas due to the weather etc etc

Well im glad that people arent frightened by the rain! ;)

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Assuming you mean SM trackdays, i think you'd be a little bit insane to book anything 'south'

The majority of riders on here and on SMF are oop north.

Personally irrespective of location i'd be doing 2 a year max.

I gnerally book months in advance, if it's wet i stay at home.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming you mean SM trackdays, i think you'd be a little bit insane to book anything 'south'

The majority of riders on here and on SMF are oop north.

Personally irrespective of location i'd be doing 2 a year max.

I gnerally book months in advance, if it's wet i stay at home.
Thanks for the feedback, I have found that there is a demand in the south however not enough to book anything south of London as yet. However if something good comes up im sure people will travel!

·
Registered
344 Posts
i might do a couple next year, will have to see.
but i am interested.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, I have found that there is a demand in the south however not enough to book anything south of London as yet. However if something good comes up im sure people will travel!
Potentially yes... but will enough of them travel to make it worth your while... that's the big question i guess.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Potentially yes... but will enough of them travel to make it worth your while... that's the big question i guess.
:confused: who knows....

Im not really in it to make a buck... I just hope that we can offer riders the chance to really get back into Supermoto.

As long as I get to ride, riders are happy and it covers my costs and a hot dog ill be laughing! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
So just to confirm, November 18th is no longer available at Swaffham, as i am unable to attend on November 10th and December 8th :frown:

James.

·
Registered
99 Posts
GUTTED!!! :frown:

I'd love to join you, but i'll still be in Afghanistan. Looks like i'll be tearing around my local country lanes and by-ways with a pal of mine then.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ill def be up for 3/4 next year but location is a big part of it. Im 1hr from cadwell, darley moor and mallory. If you got cadwell woodland circuit and it was reasonable id be there every weekend!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Im afraid Karl is rite there.

If i get a UK posting after tour id be down for atleast 1 a month and i ride no matter the weather. Id have tome to fit in 2 a month but not consistantly.

£10 is a very good price for the days photos.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im afraid Karl is rite there.

If i get a UK posting after tour id be down for atleast 1 a month and i ride no matter the weather. Id have tome to fit in 2 a month but not consistantly.

£10 is a very good price for the days photos.
Only issue with 2 a month is that we will be at apposing ends of the uk meaning really northern and southern riders get a day each a month. Its my intention to run practice days for Nora and southern next year where possibel.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Only issue with 2 a month is that we will be at apposing ends of the uk meaning really northern and southern riders get a day each a month. Its my intention to run practice days for Nora and southern next year where possibel.
I have to travel a distance either way. I live in the midlands ;) Well okay when im home i do.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
£10 for a cd of photos sounds too good to be true, you get what you pay for, £10 pays for monkeys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts