KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 690sm for service on friday and seeing as i fancy trading up soon asked what my bike was worth...now i know u get less that way but me thinks they are taking the proverbial p !!! £2500 for a two owner 4k 690sm prestige 07 model....its going to have to be a private sale so can anybody help me put a realistic price on it please ?:

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
are they really that ugly

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they are really that ugly but u dont notice whenyour riding it...and e bay ...why didnt i think of that ? thanks for input guys

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes they are really that ugly but u dont notice whenyour riding it...and e bay ...why didnt i think of that ? thanks for input guys
Which dealer offered you £2500? Just out of interest because I was considering trading in my 625 SMC and heard drysdales gave someone quite a good price for a 640 LC4.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drysdales in Perth they service it and thats where i bought it..just have to sell it private try recoup some cash

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
First thought was ......... £2500 ........ someone is having a laugh ..... but then again, was this the model that KTM were discounting new down to £4900 or thereabouts? In which case the sum you have been offered ain't that bad for a three year old bike?

It's also worth thinking about the price of the new bike - especially if that is already heavily discounted. At the end of the day it usually comes down to the 'cost to change' - not some fairly arbitary trade in value.

Go on ...... tell us what you were negotiating against ...... coz I reckon your bike is worth even more against an RC9!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt buy it new but yes it was the discounted model. and i know the shop has to make a profit so i wont be trading it in will sell private...and RC9 !! u taking the p ?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I didnt buy it new but yes it was the discounted model. and i know the shop has to make a profit so i wont be trading it in will sell private...and RC9 !! u taking the p ?
I was just wondering if you were buying one of whatever new bikes KTM are releasing for the 2011 model year - must be about the time that we discover the 2010 models are all totally obsolete and faster, glossier bikes are heading for the showrooms.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
try your luck in the for sale section on here, you never know your luck in a raffle and might just find the right buyer?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the moment i think it will be either a 990smt or the 990adv..but wont be till march next year so got plenty time to flog the 690sm and it most certainly wont be a new 2011 plate...not unless the going rate for bike insructing suddenly doubles...or they start giving them as a straight swap for a w plate yaris!! Just got bike back from getting serviced so will get it cleaned ( mans job ) and get some decent photos see how it goes from there. Thanks for input guys much appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts