KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a few days away in Kent. We drove around miles of country lanes and saw a load of Public Footpath signs, only a handfull of Bridleways and zero Byways.

Is Kent a Byway free zone? Looks like a great place to ride but no lanes.

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
20 Posts
NOt sure where you are in Kent but closer to london the best spots ive found are the pilgrimsway/north downs way, that goes from around wouldham pretty much all the way to ashford barely touching the roads, have had some great rides down there over the past year. You will need a permit though for a couple of sections to get the codes to the gates.

There are a few good routes also around the Meopham and vigo area. Best bet is to pop over to the riewranger or outdooractive sites and have a browse for routes you can download to your phone.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not a lot mate, like you said, a lot of foot paths, a few bridleways (which I sometimes take the piss and have a cheeky little rag on) and barely any byways. Half the time there is no one on the footpaths or bridleways anyway, so they are going to waste, annoys the piss out of me. I hear a lot about Pilgrim's way but in all my years of byway hunting have never found it, I think a lot of it has been closed off nowadays anyway.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were just taking a few days to visit friends and see some sights. Stayed in Sevenoaks and went around a lot of back roads and villages. Terrain looks great so it's a pity there aren't many lanes about.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
There is loads of great legal riding in Kent ftom Dover right up the Pilgrims Way towards Maidstone plus down near Ashford and on to Romney Marsh.
It’s good enough for the long running Timberwoods LDT!!
If you’re in the TRF, you get access to their new byway mapping which is kept up to date by the local groups.

Or use this….
Some lanes need a free permit due to frequent trashing by 4x4s and other oiks. You stand a very good chance of getting checked and some need a key code for a gate. I think they are Detling way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts