KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1638 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spoken with, and pm'ed, several members of this 8 community,some of which have and some of which havn't yet(me) track dayed, why not use this fantasticly named thread to post pics and comments about their own exploits on said track days??

Ahh yes PLC but I have my own weapon which is not an 8/don't want to trash my 8 etc etc.

Are we all not out to have fun.? Can we not embrace a fellow member doing his thing out there if it ain't on an 8?

I can.

I have no doudt that you can't wait to see me wobblin around at 36mph at my first track day (at 36mph you will not hear me scream):scooter:

Just a thought. Take it or leave it

PLC (looking forward to the end of June) 498 days to go

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd certainly be interested to hear more on 8s on track days :)

looking forward to my own first 8 mounted track day - ie my first track day and it'll be on an 8 :) - probably April/May and Castle Combe

·
Registered
379 Posts
Being one of the PLC-meister's PM victims, I thought I might kick this thread off with some pics of my little tracky.

I managed to find a guy who imported ex Japanese Supersport race bikes into Australia once our Japanese friends were done with them. Had all the right kit, but not able to be put back on the road (in Oz anyhow) legally. So the price was VERY competitive.

This is how it looked when I first bought it...

Then, with new (2nd hand) fairings after a little oops moment at turn 4 at Phillip Island...

So stripped down...

Added some Woodcraft clip-ons while I was at it (I'm 6'4" and am trying to give myself a little more room on the little bastard)...

Bits and pieces back from the painter's...

Re-assembled...

Finished product with new decals and stomp grips...

Anyone know where I can get some Papa Smurf stickers?

Back at Phillip Island on this coming Monday & Tuesday so will post up some pics from the day next week.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
here is my new trackday toy. and apic of my old f400 race bike. booked into cadwell on the 20th feb and 31st march. hey where's all the smiley's gone?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'd certainly be interested to hear more on 8s on track days :)

looking forward to my own first 8 mounted track day - ie my first track day and it'll be on an 8 :) - probably April/May and Castle Combe
Dont waste your money at Castle Combe mate, its crap, run by old men who wear flat caps and smoke pipes. I did one there last year as its fairly local. Cant book on line, really anal about noise, no garages, short bumpy track and worste of all is that they only allow 12 riders on per session BUT they still book 72 riders on per day so that means you get 10 minutes an hour worth of track time. Its just not worth it. On the plus side, good cafe though. IMHO.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I got my 8 last year, we had a trackday booked, so I went out with my bike on track before the first service.
Need I say that I was slow as f*ck, I was really nervous about crashing.
About a month or so later, KTM had an trackday over here that was free for any KTM, just sign up and ride.

Imanged to my knee down that day, but still felt very nervous.
So for this summer I´m gonna buy a race fairing and keep all the stock fairings at home so that it won´t cost me that much if/when I crash.

How do trackdays look for you guys?

We have bout 8h of riding, all riders are divided inte 3 groups, medium, fast and race. The race group does not need insurance on their bikes.
Then everyone gets 8 20min sessions a day.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Haven't tracked the RC8 yet, but here's a little stitched together gif of messing around on the SuperDuke a couple of years ago:

R1 from many years ago: there's an apex there somewhere :D

MilleR wearing 3 piece suit. Well, Italians have a certain sense of style you know!

I gave up trying to go fast on track years ago; I realised I was never going to race and I can't afford/don't want to chuck the bike down the road or knacker myself. I just play about getting my knee down and having fun, giveing myself a little adrenaline buzz without going mental.

Mitch

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dont waste your money at Castle Combe mate, its crap, run by old men who wear flat caps and smoke pipes. I did one there last year as its fairly local. Cant book on line, really anal about noise, no garages, short bumpy track and worste of all is that they only allow 12 riders on per session BUT they still book 72 riders on per day so that means you get 10 minutes an hour worth of track time. Its just not worth it. On the plus side, good cafe though. IMHO.
Ta for the feedback - Castle Combe was only the obvious choice being close to home in Bristol. Where else to go given I'd have to ride the bike there??

Great to get a good cuppa if there's long breaks though

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yet another thought.
The title is Trakk Attakk so whilst originally aimed at trakk day junkies of course it does not preclude anybody that actually races either at clubman level, or any other level come to that, from posting with tales/pics of their exploits.
If nothing else it might spur on someone going to a race meet on a suny day just to say "Hello" to a member of this forum who is entered in a race?
Nice to have pics taken by someone else of the jockeys day?

This thread is up and running (phew)

PLC Trakk Day Virgin, Has been clubman racer. 497 days to go

·
Registered
291 Posts
still do not understand people who think that modern sportbikes are thrashed during track days... :wanker:

I am pretty sure they suffer more while being ridden in city streets

My RC8 has been ridden mostly on track, been well taken care of and has given me quite a lot of big smiles :D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
My first ever TD. Note the gaffer tape, lead the group for the first lap of the day. Then they all passed me while I was in the kitty litter at Paddock Hill LOL

Oh yeah ruined the paint job that I did over that Christmas

First TD on the RC8

Second time out

Can't wait to get the R on a track.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Can't find many of my trackday photos at the mo, and most of them are pap anyway, lol

Here's one from a day at Rockingham, not long after getting the bike

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
FT you aint so fat afterall...!:D;)
Nope... about 10 stone, fully kitted and wrapped in soaking-wet shagpile carpet :redface: lol

1 - 20 of 1638 Posts