KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Does anyone know anything about Citreon Relays? My dad is thinking of buying one of a friend of his, its a 64 plate with 80k on it and he wants about 8k for it. Auto trader seems to be about the same if not a bit more on price, so are they good vans? Is a longish wheelbase one with a high top so would be great for our racing without being too big for my dad to use for other stuff.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Good vans. We had one we eventually sold at 160,000 miles. No issues with it, cheap(ish) spares, galvanised body, chain driven cams. (unlike Ducato, which has a belt)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Anything to watch for on Transit Customs? Looking at a few 60>80k miles on. Only be doing 3/4k a year.
Their only 4.9m long so an option thought even swb were longer!

Ta
S

·
Registered
270 Posts
Anything to watch for on Transit Customs? Looking at a few 60>80k miles on. Only be doing 3/4k a year.
Their only 4.9m long so an option thought even swb were longer!

Ta
S
They‘re pretty decent vans. If its the newer 2l engine they suffer from diesel leaking down the bores which contaminates the oil. Service interval is supposed to 18k miles. Mine has 21k on it and has had 5 oil services. Provided mileage is less than 2/3rds of the 18k, Ford cover the service under warranty. It gets a software update pretty much every time it goes in, ‘which will fix it this time’. Must be costing them a fortune. Mine is for work and leased so doesn’t bother me.

Drivers door lock can be forced if it hasn’t had a software update, which unlocks all doors.....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Thanks. I’m looking at 2015/16 plates. Not sure if same engine as the new ones with fancy Led headlights.

2.2 eco engine in Limted spec is what I’m looking at. Heated seats for those early cold starts :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Watch your speed when you get one! They are as quiet as a good car and the 125bhp can cruise at silly high speed at very low revs.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That was my experience of my son's Limited. His new 170 Sport is just as stealthy quiet even with the 20" OZ MSport alloys on. He just had it lowered (only used privately) 40mm with the Eibach kit, actually sits level now instead of up at the back. Smart (well for a van).

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
The 2.2 is a good engine. None of that pesky ad blue nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Agree - we had no issues with the 16 plate one over 15000 miles apart from the side door locking mechanism. Replaced under warranty. By the way, Ford charge over £100 for a rear power socket (option when new) However, the live connector plug is already there poked down inside the rear offside panel beside door. Genuine Ford part socket is around £10 - you just pull the plug up through the kindly already there round hole, push it onto the back of the socket then push the socket in the hole. Job done for a tenner.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Adblue is a total pain. I seem to be filling it up every five minutes and if you don’t the warning thing sends you even more mental.

Get a van with no Adblue.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
My 2.2 transit (not a custom, but same engine) has 220,000 miles on it and has had nothing but servicing and consumables like brakes etc.

It still goes like a train (well, for a van with 140bhp) and I really can’t fault it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i had a 65 plate 150hp transit custom limited, great van, paintwork marks easily but
more comfortable to drive than the transporter i had before it.
kept the custom for 4 years & just replaced it with a new one,
170ps this time, limited spec again, sits at 85 all day averages between 39.7 - 41.9 mpg depending on how much motorway driving im doing.
new engine has more low down torque than before, only done 500 miles so far but loving it.
some cracking deals about for pre registered 19 plates

·
Registered
270 Posts
Agree - we had no issues with the 16 plate one over 15000 miles apart from the side door locking mechanism. Replaced under warranty. By the way, Ford charge over £100 for a rear power socket (option when new) However, the live connector plug is already there poked down inside the rear offside panel beside door. Genuine Ford part socket is around £10 - you just pull the plug up through the kindly already there round hole, push it onto the back of the socket then push the socket in the hole. Job done for a tenner.
Good tip on the socket, it’s the same on 66 on vans. I bought a £3 ebay special which works perfectly.

Thanks. I’m looking at 2015/16 plates. Not sure if same engine as the new ones with fancy Led headlights.

2.2 eco engine in Limted spec is what I’m looking at. Heated seats for those early cold starts :)
Heated seats, mirrors, windscreen and power folding mirrors are great. Think the 2l engine is 16/66 on. A few lads had the older 2.2 and struggled to get 25mpg but that’s generally local town driving. I get 38mpg doing the same, close to 50mpg if its motorway.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i had a 65 plate 150hp transit custom limited, great van, paintwork marks easily but
more comfortable to drive than the transporter i had before it.
kept the custom for 4 years & just replaced it with a new one,
170ps this time, limited spec again, sits at 85 all day averages between 39.7 - 41.9 mpg depending on how much motorway driving im doing.
new engine has more low down torque than before, only done 500 miles so far but loving it.
some cracking deals about for pre registered 19 plates
They’re all the same engine with different ecu maps. Haven’t bothered with this one but for £200 I can get mine mapped from 130 to 170.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
In five years I had one issue actually, the power steering pipes corrode with age and fluid starts leaking. Replaced myself easily! Sold it to me mate and got a new one!

So in true tpi owner style NO ISSUES

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Good info thanks.
Is there an easy place to see the pipe from? Bay or under if I’m checking one out?

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Good info thanks.
Is there an easy place to see the pipe from? Bay or under if I’m checking one out?
It starts leaking just behind the off side front wheel so you’ll see a leak on the strut around there from memory. Tbh the steering starts moaning a lot and the owner would be on it straight away if they’re decent! I had to tip my fluid up daily while waiting for parts as ford dealers around me don’t stock pipes! The useless fecks! Even though it’s a common problem on the focus too!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ended up with a Transporter.lol.... Just ticks more boxes for what I needed in the end.

Took a while to find a decent used one. Basic Sportline.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts