KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Calm down calm down... typo.. Startline :rotflmao:

Though it has had a touch of bling added :D
Bike feeling neglected.... lol. Least I can get out more now!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
^^
:rotflmao:

I was the same as you smiler. Took me over five years to end up with a transporter. Cost for what they are put me off but they are very flexible vans and I use mine seven days a week. Mines a kombi so very handy all round and you can hose out the interior as I opted for nothing I can’t wet/wash. Totally not worth the money though if you ask me. There’s loads of stuff that should be standard that isn’t like a bloody door!!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
They‘re pretty decent vans. If its the newer 2l engine they suffer from diesel leaking down the bores which contaminates the oil. Service interval is supposed to 18k miles. Mine has 21k on it and has had 5 oil services. Provided mileage is less than 2/3rds of the 18k, Ford cover the service under warranty. It gets a software update pretty much every time it goes in, ‘which will fix it this time’. Must be costing them a fortune. Mine is for work and leased so doesn’t bother me.

Drivers door lock can be forced if it hasn’t had a software update, which unlocks all doors.....
Yes the newer 2.0 adblue engine is excellent as long as it's leased under warranty or you don't own it..have he'd two recently around 20K both have had to have new injectors at vast cost luckily under warranty...the 2.2 seam pretty good need extra fuel filter changes as they cause all sorts of grief..other than that I quite like them... probably hang on to my 300k ducato for a bit longer though

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
This ones a Euro5 so no adblue. Just need to get it low enough to get into the multi-story at work :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
The 2.0 Ford diesel engines (including cars) don't suffer from fuel leaking down the bores. According to Ford it's actually a deliberate thing to add fuel (miniscule amount) for the tight emissions rules. The more you stop/start, town use, heavily loaded the more you will get a change oil warning. Ford issued recall letters for a range of the earlier 2.0 engines for a software update as too much fuel was going into the oil. If you don't get a letter then you have the already updated software. Anyone who tries to get Ford's recommended mileage between oil changes is being rather silly. You buy what you like - if you research any and every vehicle on the road and owners' forums, then you wouldn't buy anything as all have complaints about them. We had a 16 Limited bought new and never had an issue in 3 years. We now have a 19 170 Sport bought new and have not had a single issue over many miles. Latest additions is Eibach suspension lowering it 40mm and a flat bottomed steering wheel done to our own design - shame they don't do something like this as standard as the oem is fitted to several models.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Bought a panel van. Works for bike. See how much use with son/fam for mtb etc. If so will convert to kombi

Already got plans. Caravelle rears are 3 singles. Centre our with a lock and load with bike down the middle should be cool.

Want to get some E Track mounted about so can secure stuff in rear.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Also look at Kombi seats - a double and a single. I almost never have the single in the van at all - the double is ISOFIX so has the child seats fitted all the time, and stays in the van. A single dirtbike goes up the side of it where the single would be. I can get the kids' OSets behind the double, lying down.

Such a versatile thing.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
This looks like the best thread to piggy back on rather than start a new one...

What’s your thoughts / experiences with the Merc Vito?

My mum is looking at changing her Med-High Sprinter for one and also getting shot of her Mondeo Estate, looking at the Vito as a do all replacement. Off the back of that I was looking at them and the specs and residues make them look like a good used buy. I know a guy who did Euro trackdays and had one with a frame in the back to take his track bike, he loved his.

It’s for sticking German shepherds in but I’d be interested to know what / how many bikes you could get in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have a Fiat ducato 2.3 multijet not the crap transit engine..done well in excess of 300k..had a couple of clutches egr and the usual wear and tear bits and bobs, runs lovely cost me very little 6 speed goes well and quite economical when it finally expires I'll buy another..seem to have transits in for repair with constant problems with low miles and would avoid any kind of Renault wouldn't have a sprinter after about 07...but luck of the draw plays a big part

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a vito dualiner comes all trimmed out like a car with quick release rear seats. Take 1 seat out and I can get my bike in, take the row out and I can get 2 bikes in. I really like it, it drives like a car. It’s got 120000 miles now and had no real problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts