KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi some info please, off to europ on the 16th and looking to get some travel insurance. Any one have any recommendations?Got 90days european cover with carol nash insurance,but this only covers the bike and not me!

Cheers :scooter:

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I don't think you can use the company i do. Bit of a Guernsey thing i think:rolleyes:

I pay £62 a year for cover in the UK.:)

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Yeh i didnt think it was too bad. My dad wouldn't think they'd pay out if i crash and break something at mx. We'll soon find out.:D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Whichever one you get make sure you check the small print because many of them exclude riding motorbikes.

I've got mine with American Express and as long as you're on a "road" (surfaced or unsurfaced) they're happy to cover you as long as you're not racing.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some companies only insure up to a 125 :eek: You have to read the small print :D Or make sure you state the size of your bike :scooter:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Give these peeeps a ring ...01892615511.. gold cover insurance ...you will speak to a PERSON...I use them when i go abroad on the bike.....but what ever you get in the end make sure they know you are riding a motorbike....or if the worse happens they will run a mile

·
Registered
341 Posts
My lad wants to do a Ride California MX holiday next Easter, but it looks like insurance for this is going to be a nightmare too. Its something you think they would link to on their website.

Suppose I could send him with his own Fist Aid Kit !

·
Registered
22 Posts
nationwide do an extreme sports insurance package got it this year for a trip to the Alps. Covered me for mountain biking, road and off road riding.. All for aout £30...

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Direct Travel Insurance Services - Direct Travel Insurance | Cheap Holiday Insurance from £2.60

Seem well priced and cover motorcycling (including 'offroad' - as long as you are on a trail marked on a map). I have never had to claim (fingers crossed) but a friend of mine was hospitalised after an accident in South Africa and they covered all the medical costs and airlift back to the UK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts