KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a silly question so go easy on me. Not long had my 1290 and it's due it's first service. I opted for the Travel Pack( Hill Hold Control (HHC) Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) Quickshifter + ) not because I felt I needed any of them but more due to the £1290 KTM contribution and struggling to spend it after getting heated grips and sump guard(already had the luggage and not impressed with the 'comfort' seats.)
It took me a while to work out the heated grips settings(well 10 minutes) but I cannot, for the life of me find the menus to activate or de activate any of the above.(yes I have read the manual). I have had it confirmed that these options have been activated by a dealer(not where I bought it as thay are still shut.) So before I make a complete arse of myself at it's service on Monday can someone explain how to activate the above. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not going mad. Menus hadn't been activated on the bike. Loving the quickshifter. Thanks for all your help.:p

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
not impressed with the 'comfort' seats
Try putting the stock ones back on and going for a long ride, you may find them more impressive then ;-)

I have owned a 1090 / 1190 ans 1290, the Mrs had ridden the 1090 / 1190 and tried all threee standard seats and was of the same opinion as me - all KTM stock seats are utterly shite, the Ergo ones are reasonable (on par with lots of other bikes, but not exceptional) - which is still way better than standard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try putting the stock ones back on and going for a long ride, you may find them more impressive then ;-)

I have owned a 1090 / 1190 ans 1290, the Mrs had ridden the 1090 / 1190 and tried all threee standard seats and was of the same opinion as me - all KTM stock seats are utterly shite, the Ergo ones are reasonable (on par with lots of other bikes, but not exceptional) - which is still way better than standard.
Sold the comfort seats and bought a ripped set on ebay when I had the 1050. Got them re upholstered with a bicycle memory foam pad(from £1 shop) sown into the gonad area. Difference is night and day and added bonus is it hasn't raised the height. Luckily they are straight fit for 1290.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Standard seat is like a church pew. I got the comfort seat and it's fine for me when doing long trips. Got the pillion one too. Not that I take a passenger that often as the wife has her own bike. Just looked odd as it didn't match.

Daz

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Standard seat is like a church pew. I got the comfort seat and it's fine for me when doing long trips. Got the pillion one too. Not that I take a passenger that often as the wife has her own bike. Just looked odd as it didn't match.
Same here, I did not get the Ergo seat when I bought the 1190, rode it home - the next trip was back to the dealer for the Rider Ergo seat, followed shortly afterwards by a trip to get the passenger seat as the bike looked shit with odd seats.

When we got the 1090 we ended up with another pair of Ergo's, but I haggled a good discount when buying the bike this time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did 600 miles in the first week as I'd booked the first service a week after I collected the bike. Bought padded cycling shorts to help until the ergo seat arrived as it was torture!!

Daz

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have Ergo seats on my 1290SAS since day 1 and I also have the Wings heat shields that reduce significantly the under seat heat that promotes discomfort.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Ergo seats on my 1290SAS since day 1 and I also have the Wings heat shields that reduce significantly the under seat heat that promotes discomfort.
I heard about those "wing heat sheild"
But I will like to be dure which one, can send a link of yours?
Thanks in advance

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Here you go mate. With the superb Carbon Fibre side vents there is a sheet of shaped heatproof material that sits under the riders seat too, so it really does work I can assure you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for that. Might look into that. Was on a big run last year and for held up going through Stockport. Temp was just below 30 and my legs were properly cooking in the stop start traffic! To be fair that's the only time it's been an issue.

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for sharing

I only have my SAS 2020 since 45 days do still on discover mode

I saw that you gave the ergo seat
Did you notice it was more comfortable?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I've had enough KTM's over the years to know that their seat designers have a sense of humour..

Two previous SDR's both had the Ergo seat and no way was I even riding the SAS away without a matching pair and yes there is a massive difference!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It's all about making the bike as user friendly as possible and a 1.3ltr V Twin will generate some heat, so best protect your manhood from all that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I find the oem seat a bit hard after 4hrs yes
But my girlfriend can't do 2 days in row of 3hrs. So I guess I need to invest on ergo seat then.

On top of the puig air deflector upper and handguard, and the adventure pack and the windshield air deflector lol

BTW I have the exact same color as yours, nice bike lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts