KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I could barely do more than 20/30 miles without wanting to get off on the standard seat. Can do hundreds of miles now.

So yes, it makes a big difference.

Nobody would buy ergo seat if they made the standard one to good!

Daz

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I heard you are right ergo seat are a must
The bike should come with it lol

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not going mad. Menus hadn't been activated on the bike. Loving the quickshifter. Thanks for all your help.:p
I had similar glitch with the menu for preload missing after travel pack update. The hill hold has earnt its money on a two up, fully loaded tour in France. Had some horribly cambered steep junctions to pull out of and it worked flawlessly. You just gotta be when your ready to move off its clear as the bike won't instantly roll back if you change your mind with an approaching vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just the quick shifter worth almost the package
Saying ktm should make a version with quickshifter standard c the heated grip, heated ergo seat and a lightly better windshield as a touring/adventure bike

My saying only

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm sure they could make a version like that, it would just cost more!

I've got the MRA Vario screen. It's almost to good. When the weather is warm there isn't much air hitting you, even with screen right down.

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
80 Posts
That wings exhaust does look good. Would like all carbon though. I went for the Akrapovic and got the baffles cut out. Sounds great.

Something a bit smaller/lighter would have been good, but got good deal so couldn't refuse.

Daz

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sure they could make a version like that, it would just cost more!

I've got the MRA Vario screen. It's almost to good. When the weather is warm there isn't much air hitting you, even with screen right down.

Cheers

Daz
Yup stock scream is shite if you're over 5 foot 6. Puig tall screen here with Vario bolted on top. Best compromise.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yup stock scream is shite if you're over 5 foot 6. Puig tall screen here with Vario bolted on top. Best compromise.
Same here, the Puig Touring for the 1190 was much taller, great on long motorway blasts to Europe as it stopped any flies getting on visor, but no good once you want some cool air.

The 1290 Puig is good, I also use the Puig clip on thingy - but only for those long motorway / main road blasts or if weather is shite, the rest of the time I leave it off, but handy as it takes 2 minutes to fit and can be chucked under seat when not needed.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
With bike as you can see in the pic' I still get at certain speeds a little buffeting, but that could be my Arai X4 perhaps.

OEM screen is hopeless I agree..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure why you quote me
I try few quickshifter and ktm have a very good one
I think that is the only thing I mention

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why I just bought the QS, the navigation is shit for touring so I use a Garmin and if you cannot pull away on a hill without an electronic aid you should not be allowed to ride anything bigger than 50cc
But I can, honest! Although HHC has been great two up, with top box and both panniers packed full on a really steep junction with a horrible and I mean horrible camber and gravelly road surface. Yes I could of done it without electronic aid but having it made it a breeze and with less sweat. These bikes are heavy two up, fully loaded luggage and the CoG is not low like on a GS. I like mine and shall continue to use it, makes life easier for me. And I'm an an advanced driver and rider but I'll bow before bike skilkz godz 👍🏻😜

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
But I can, honest! Although HHC has been great two up, with top box and both panniers packed full on a really steep junction with a horrible and I mean horrible camber and gravelly road surface. Yes I could of done it without electronic aid but having it made it a breeze and with less sweat. These bikes are heavy two up, fully loaded luggage and the CoG is not low like on a GS. I like mine and shall continue to use it, makes life easier for me. And I'm an an advanced driver and rider but I'll bow before bike skilkz godz 👍🏻😜
Wish it was an option on my Moto Guzzi Stelvio 2 up and fully laden in France a couple of years ago. A reverse gear would have been nice too. I've now been shamed though so going to trade the 1290SAR for a Honda Cub. ;)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I confess, I have never tried a bike with hill hold, perhaps I would find it useful, but as in the UK you only get standard demo bikes you have to guess if you would or would not like a feature, thinking about it I normally use the front brake to hold the bike as I pull away uphill, so maybe being able to just operate throttle whilst not holding brake would help?

Then again if anyone found out I would lose my "biking god" status ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I confess, I have never tried a bike with hill hold, perhaps I would find it useful, but as in the UK you only get standard demo bikes you have to guess if you would or would not like a feature, thinking about it I normally use the front brake to hold the bike as I pull away uphill, so maybe being able to just operate throttle whilst not holding brake would help?

Then again if anyone found out I would lose my "biking god" status ;-)
Glad you took it in the spirit intended. The proper way or the way I was taught is to hold bike on rear brake on hills but to be honest I've also used front brake with a finger and palmed the throttle. Whatever works.

Solo, most steep hills are cake but add a pillion in full leathers and fully laden luggage and some horribly cambered, steep, very sharp turning corners at busy junctions requiring full lock then it can bea godsend. I leave mine on all time now just because of laziness.

I could of done with HHC a few years ago on Snake Pass. I came to stop behind a van on a really steep hill two up so had to whack it down into first to pull off when we moved again but I'd accidentally knocked it into neutral and tried to move off, releasing the brake... Bike rolled back so fast it caught me off guard and I wobbled past the point of no return. It was a dumb move, we were not hurt and we laughed about my broken clutch lever but HHC would have saved the day. It takes a bit of getting used to and can be a bit scary the first time as the rear brake is released slowly as you move off but it's defo no gimmick imo. Not really needed solo unless your an old codger with a really heavy bike 👍🏻😁

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Glad you took it in the spirit intended. The proper way or the way I was taught is to hold bike on rear brake on hills but to be honest I've also used front brake with a finger and palmed the throttle. Whatever works.
The old foot shuffle, you put your right foot down and use front brake, then change to nuetral, then your left foot down to use the rear brake, then right foot down to get back into 1st using front brake, then left foot down to hold on rear brake again to pull away.

Not only a convoluted PITA, but doing this on a fully laden two up adventure bike and wobbling from foot to foot is a recipe for dropping the bike at every other junction.

I do occasionally use the rear brake, if I am going to be stuck in one spot for a while on a hill, like at traffic lights, the rest of the time I do the lazy thing - worked for me for over 30 years.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts