KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. What pressure is best for a trials on the rear fitted with a heavy duty inner tube? I am required to use it for a hare and hounds at the weekend. I usally run my tyres between 12 - 15 PSI but can I go a bit lower on a trials tyre? Do you get more grip with them harder or softer? I don't want to risk getting a pinch puncture.

Cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
Beware of going too low with really thick tubes. It takes a few psi to get them to expand enough to grip the inside of the tyre, otherwise they move about and you will rip the valve out. Seen it happen on more than 1 occasion, usually on LDT's, let a load out for the final snotty hillclimb, ride back to the van with a flat tyre.I wouldnt go less than 6 or 7 with a thick tube.
With Tubliss I run an MT43 at 4psi, sticks like shit to a blanket on the rocky rooty stuff, much better than a knobbly. Doesnt like deep mud or wet grass much tho!!!

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
you can also run a 120 moose, not new though get a well used (but not split) moose they work much better in the trials tyres and no punctures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts