KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Miner and DavidS

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Could be interesting but late to the party? Everything will be electric soon.

I’m guessing they will be making only 4t bikes? I’m certainly not interested in that. If they did 2t they’d have no option but to do an Fi 2t due to the volume of overall numbers sold, same as ktm.

Good on them though. They’ve got a pretty good research team!!!!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
One from the grab vine: Suzuki are looking to stop selling MX and Enduro bikes. Ive no concrete facts or evidence only a rumour. If correct and Triumph’s bikes have a passing resemblance to the Suzuki’s then what can I say. Based on triumph’s road bikes, the new off roaders should be good.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What are most enduro bikes bought for, competition or trail and leisure?

Love my fe350 but would prefer maybe a 10% power drop and much longer component life and less servicing.

A DRZ400S makes 40bhp and will do 50 000+ miles on a piston, the FE makes @45bhp and needs 15-20 pistons in that time. Only issue for me is DRZ is a bit porky at 140kg

Honda managed to create the CRF400 with way less power than the DRZ, similar weight and half the engine life.

I think a 35-40bhp / 110-115kg 350/400 with decent engine life and good suspension for under £8k would be a hit.

·
Premium Member
9,278 Posts
The DRZ isnt that durable. Mine - my first "dirtbike" - ate intake valves and a piston at an early stage in its life. All single cylinder motors are relatively short lived IME.

·
Administrator
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What your asking for is a 690 enduro

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I looked up Evans waterless and it says that runs hotter than normal but won’t boil.
If the Engine Ice actually runs cooler, that’s what it needs.
Thanks…I’ll have a look.

It is engine temp, not silencer heat that is the worry.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts