KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a new rear with the tubliss system (Mitas CO2) having always run tubes previously.
What does everybody use tyre pressure wise as I am using about 12psi for the main tyre and the recommended 110 psi on the inner tube ?
The only reason I am asking is that out for the 1st time this morning and I'm all over the place - the rear just felt, well different.
Enough so to have me flying high when straddling two ruts.
Now I know its my sh**e riding, but normally I wouldnt have a problem and it was slippery - but...
Maybe its just me, or has anybody else found that riding with the tubliss system gives a different feel ???
Cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
I run very low pressure in the main tyre( 3-8 psi).I think the main reason it feels different is because the side wall is alot firmer,so your not getting as much flex with normal pressures.I finnished an event with no tyre pressure at all due to slashing the tyres on rocks and it didn,t feel to bad.Try lowering your pressure, and use your thumbs to squeeze the tyre till it feels like theres a bit more give in it,then see what the psi is.you,ll be suprised how low you can go.Trial and error.Good luck.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
co2's have a very soft sidewall and are complete shite in my opinion (wait for the torrent of abuse), they weave all over the place even with a good moose in. Try it in a proper tyre like a GT213 or an s12

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wardy - youve opened yourself open there aint ya ???

will rty the lower pressure and see what its like - cheers !!!

by the way Im just about to put a AC10 on the front with the tubliss system again - I presume the same pressure rule would apply?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi mate,

I run the Tubliss system front and rear, been the best thing I did since buying the Beta 525.

Riding on Sava Endurorider FIM tyres at the moment, blatant Comp4/3 copies but cheaper, softer and as good as the good stuff you pay more for. Love em. Will be getting another set on when they are ready.

Mitas CO2 - Shite (everyone buys them cos they are cheap and popular..... sheep!!!)
Mich AC10 - Shite (front is deadly)

The tyre will feel different due to the lack of added sidewall thickness comming from a tube, I actually run a higher tyre pressure with the Tubliss to get what would be a lower pressure feeling you would get when using a tube aswell as I used to pinch flat loads (rocks)

With a tube I would have to run about 17 psi on the front, (6`6" - 16 stone)
With the Tubliss I run about the same again (the tyre`feel` is what would be about 10 psi if it was running a tube), this feels great on the front and no chance of pinched tubes either, I squish the tyre in my hands to get an idea of the pressure, you know what `feels` good.

Its the tyres that are letting you down pal, sell the AC10 before you fit it and get some good tyres on, took me a while to find a set of tyres that worked for me on varied terrain.

Previously used and liked :-

Metzeler - 6 Days front and rear
Trelleborg - Ten Master rear with a Michelin - Comp 4 front.

To name a couple.

Hope this helps.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts

Riding on Sava Endurorider FIM tyres at the moment, blatant Comp4/3 copies but cheaper, softer and as good as the good stuff you pay more for. Love em. Will be getting another set on when they are ready.

Hi Chris,
Do you have a better price/source than http://www.savatyresuk.co.uk/ for the Sava FIM tyres, as they seem to be more expensive than Michelin comp 3/4 on there ?

:):):)

·
Registered
36 Posts
]I run the Tubeliss front and rear on my 08 300 exce. I usually run a Pirelle MT43 Trials Tire on the rear 8 psi with the 110 psi for the inner never had a problem. I was talked into running a Mitas Co2 Stone King for a recent tour of the Victorian High Country here in Australia. After 1000km over four days through the mountains the tire had only lossed the ribs on top of the knobs. On the clay and frosted ground i had no rear grip what so ever, even after airing down to around 10 psi. The tire is just too dam hard for those conditions. MT43 all the way.

+1 that the AC10 are bad also. Pirelle MT18, Metz 6 day, Geomax 51 or Bridgstone 404 are all rated well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took revolutions advice and put more pressure in the rear - seemed to worka little better, or it was just me getting used to the rear sliding round all the time.

Going to try a lower pressure and see if that works better.

Have come to the decision that as the knobblys are larger and wider apart then this is the reason I am sliding all over the place ??

Havnt fitted the AC10 yet - After all the recommendations not to I might change to sumat else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mate have to aggree with the other lads dont fit AC10 had bad results when i used them
Good tyres i have used.......... Metz 6 days
..........Michelin S12
Hope you find the set up you are looking for
Cheers Geordie.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi Mate,

I had some Mitas fitted on an old CRF450X, took em off after one ride, no feel or flex and the front end kept washing out so I flogged em to a daft mate!!
I have run Metz sixday and thought them to be the dogs, but currently run AC10's as they seem to last longer then the sixday and are cheaper (tight ass Yorkshireman), never had any noticable problems with em in any conditions.
Might just be I'm a shit rider, who knows!!

I keep looking at the tubliss system but have been put off by rumours that they always leak via the rim if you dink it?? I'm due for a tyre change and the mooses are f**ked so was going to go for a thick tube with slime, but am tempted by the tubless system, are they worth the brass?

Cheers Coops

·
Registered
488 Posts
I,ve got a decent sized ding in my front rim and they've been OK. Not had any problems.

Had the back tyre down to 4 psi on the Jubilee Trial the other day - cant do that with a mousse.

Changed the front tyre in the time it took my mate to adjust his chain - cant do that with a mousse either ( well I cant , anyway)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts