KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just checking the home page for some info an was surprised to find that it's more less gone now.
The software and stuff is still available if you hunt for it, and I suspect each manufacture or model specific forum will have it's own repository for it (like superduke.net does).

Taken from the website..

Feb-16-2020
Due to an objection by BrandShield Ltd., which is acting on behalf of KTM, all content relating to the KTM brand had to be removed from the TuneECU website with the threat of fines.

Strange that KTM have turned a blind eye to this for 10+ years whilst owners have struggled to make their bike run as it should have done in the first place. Then when TuneECU is hardly even relevant anymore they decided to get legal about it.
You'd think they had better things to do... I wonder if there is more to this story. :unsure:

Edit - seems they moved the site to a new address and it looks to be functional.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Does seem a bit late and pointless now. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was someone who has put a claim in against KTM after fucking up their own bike and crying that they thought it was an official site. Lawyers will have jumped at the chance to take it as far as possible and coin it in at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts