KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

I recently fitted new jets/needles to my Beta 450 as per Kev's recommendations (its an '05 RFS lump - which has also had a rebuild, spit and polish on the head, and fitted with a high-comp piston)

Brooky helped me fit the jets/needles, set the mixture screw, checked the carb over, etc. however it still feels a little sluggish and it seems to run a bit "muddy" at high revs. It’s a bit like when you hit the limiter in a car. On of the other lads who rides out with us let me try his 525 and it was way smoother from low revs and much, much more responsive overall

I've also put a brand new plug in and also checked valve clearances - so all good there. Can anyone help with some further suggestions?

Thanks in advance,.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
buy a proper KTM ;)

Im thinking of changing mine to this spec so I will keep an eye on this and see how u get on

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
with a high comp piston and those other jets/needles it should fly. mine was an 05 too. but the lower and midrange was so good it did make the top end feel a little flat. cured that by fitting a special cam.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
with a high comp piston and those other jets/needles it should fly. mine was an 05 too. but the lower and midrange was so good it did make the top end feel a little flat. cured that by fitting a special cam.
which i got from the states, no-one over here does that cam

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
yep works well. makes the bottom a bit more mellow to aid grip and wakes up the top end. my 450 kills most things on a straight. after fitting it i won the next race! was realy looking forward to the harfen and trying to better my 15th form last year. unfortunatelly there is now a whirling sound from the gearbox so i'm going to take the 250 xc instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts