KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bloke from Dutch RC8 forum has received his custom build Panigale likeways Twin exhaust system.
Full exhaust system is designed & devolped by Dutch Metalworks MaxExtreme exhaust systems.
As I understood Maxextreme is likeways to commercialize this twin exhaust system.
The end result is 101db what makes it a good trackday alternative.

Whats your opinion?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any word on performance?
Guy's gonna have his bike with new exhaust on dyno to build a custom map as I have understood in his comments.
No idea 'bout the weight also, I asked him, hope he replies.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I quite like that. If you could get a race bellypan to fit it so the exhaust is hidden with just two holes in the bellypan for the outlets I think that would look quite good.

As has been said though. A smooth improved power curve with reasonable noise levels for trackdays etc would be the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price may vary from 2000-2500€--it depends on how much intrest there will be--batch produce or on demand production I guess?

It doesn't have an db-killer and still only makes 101db and that a plus against akra exhaust as the first owner "Rens2009" from dutch forum states.
I also use the race belly pan so it just needs two small holes to get those fumes out.
Me I like it and thinking of buying one next season if I get more info.

Now there's also another Tig-welding wizzard on that forum, he thinks he can produce the same system for less money.
He has made his own akra replica looks really fine, so he got the exact numbers for the bend tubes.
My dealer got a huge promo on leovince silencers at this moment. Welding wizzard can fit any twin exhaust silencer underneath the RC8.
So I keep U guys informed...always good to see some new things arrive for the RC8(R) anyway.

·
Registered
438 Posts
How much ????????
As soon as you start talking manifolds the price rockets up.

Seems to be the preference in the aftermarket is to use the equivalent Akro pricing as a starting point rather than any actual production costs. Given this is a twin silencer system the competition is the Akro Supersport system which is about the same price.

Still, can't blame them really, it's not like there's any other real competition!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think it looks ok..
Wonder if anyone will test it for F1 style , hot air blown equally on tyre edges for ultimate tyre temp....Better corner angle .... Red Bull style ...:smokin:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well I think it/they look like something someone has made in the shed, don't mean to offend anyone but am I the only one thinking this. Ok on a project bike or something like that but not on an ICONIC motorcycle like an RC8 me thinks. Just don't get it why have two? twice the weight end pipes look cheap and unfinished etc etc

Just my observation don't like it at all

·
Registered
384 Posts
2000-2500 Euros!

Fuck that!!!!!

You can get an Akky system for less than half that!!
+1!! They're havin' a laugh at that price. Not a feckin' chance I'd remotely consider it an option. I'd have the fugly GPR over that at that money.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
This looks shit to me. And what is the gain exactly? The Twin Akra is the only system that lets you fly by noise tests and even that one is better looking than this one.

Okay, good for their effort, but apart from that, i can't stand it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think it looks ok, but at €2-2500 its a bit pricey. I always wondered why Akrapovic never did a twin exit, underslung exhaust system for the RC8 like the can for the 690 Duke.

Hmmm I wonder if I can bodge one of these fuckers on my RC8??:confused:

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Well I think it/they look like something someone has made in the shed,
That hasn't stopped people flocking to other exhausts available for the 8 :rotflmao:

·
Registered
314 Posts
my home made exhauste made from stainless 2.5 in two a three inch . please come and take the piss been a bit boar in on hear lately.going in for mapping this week with the new pc fitted and some head work i did rottweiler not turned up yet but would like to know what the exhaust produces to my standard can and the when i took all the shit out inside . will post dyno results soon as i have them all , and don't know if you spotted in the vid I have been busy carbon wrapping every plastic on it . your piss taking thoughts please. might lighten up my day . O yes it only cost 400 for all the pipe and sheet to make the header flanges . plus two day to make in between brews and fell asleep for a few hours stoned lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice one Temp, the Gaytig beats the akro and JCE hands down.
ha ha cheers don't know the db but nobody cares round my end . i will knock one up at some point just need to ride like i stole it see if i have lost my bollocks after my crash . only on price i will let you know what it kicks out bhp wise but i have the girl y 1145 model our the less power one .

1 - 20 of 134 Posts