KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The standard spark plug for 20MY EXC 250 TPI is the NGK BR 7 ES ...
But,
I can't understand or decide which type to buy. Bog standard, copper core, iridium - ranging from 3 to 25 quid.

Can you please share your choice of plug, as I can't find anything in previous posts, you just get a flood of ebay ads...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
It is suggested that iridium last longer but does that really apply to a 2T bike. I'm sure the recommended standard (cheapest) plug from NGK is fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was told that the BR 7ES is standard fit in non TPI bikes & the plug for the TPI is a deeper plug that is around £25. Give a dealer a bell for more info, Eurotek are very helpfull.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The question that I have to ask, is how old is the spark plug that you are currently using? Has this let you down? Stick with the same make and model for a new plug.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

·
Registered
741 Posts
Standard plugs work just as well as iridium, I have run both on my TE300, and identical performance.
The iridium will last longer than a standard, but in a 2 smoke, it will get caked up well before its worn out. Stick to cheap standard plugs, and change them regularly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The question that I have to ask, is how old is the spark plug that you are currently using? Has this let you down? Stick with the same make and model for a new plug.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
Hi xpara, It's a brand new 20MY. I'm just gauging what to buy as a spare/when it needs it. I'm not after an upgrade, it's merely getting the stock plug right. With the fancy plugs, I can't see the 5 times the price plug being 5 times the bang for the buck, especially in the modern TPI engines where I'm reading there's not anything to gain. There's already a question over the what the new TPI runs. My hand book simply states "BR 7 ES"....

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 250 tpi MY19 came with a NGK ZGR 7 G1. It's the long reach. My plug gave up the ghost at 51 hours.
A replacement from KTM was £17.
Mark on the Tokyo Off road channel done a review on the plugs. Give that a watch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The standard spark plug for 20MY EXC 250 TPI is the NGK BR 7 ES ...
But,
I can't understand or decide which type to buy. Bog standard, copper core, iridium - ranging from 3 to 25 quid.

Can you please share your choice of plug, as I can't find anything in previous posts, you just get a flood of ebay ads...

Thanks.
Looking at the spares box that came with My new 20 Husky 300 last week, it came with a spare plug. Did yours not? Cant remember the last new bike that came with a spare to be honest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at the spares box that came with My new 20 Husky 300 last week, it came with a spare plug. Did yours not? Cant remember the last new bike that came with a spare to be honest.
Nope. Probably a Powerpart 😅
It came with a few good things in fairness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts