KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
How do they compare to the Qualifier RR?
Cause BCT has a pair price of 158GBP

(Is that carbon hugger the Akra one? is it me or does it lean to the left?)

·
Registered
213 Posts

I saw that, be a bit carefull, I think there were qualifier and qualifier 2 (which had a dual compound) I had these on my old tuono and was impressed with them (only one t-day on them at a damp/windy anglesey but they performed without drama)

·
Registered
110 Posts

Think there is a Yeti nearby as well looking at the white pubes stuck to the tyre

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Tyre wear on the Supercorsa Pro when I didn't take the time to warm 'em up :D

When they are warmed up propperly the feel, grip = awsome & wear is ok

Hard to comment on the milage cause I like trackdays, powerslides & burnouts :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Had Dunflop Qualifier RR's on the RC and liked them a lot.
Managed to get 3800km out of them before replaced due to a rear puncture. Still had life in em for many miles.
Pickture taken day 5 out of 6 CannonballBikeRun 2009
Werry good feel from the tyre in tricky conditions.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Don't know how they compare to the RR
Quote from a review :- Although the Bridgstone BT-016 and Michelin Power Pures are superb tyres, the Dunlop noses ahead with ultimate grip, fast warm up, ride quality, feel and confidence. It has duel compound rubber front and back. Independent tests show the Sportsmart to last longer than the Michelin Power Pure, Pirelli Diablo Russo and Bridgestone BT-016

Yes it is the Akra hugger, yes it is pissed lol

Think there is a Yeti nearby as well looking at the white pubes stuck to the tyre
Thats from wheeling the bike through my garage, picking the cats hairs up. I've now done the whole of the house with it, better than a dyson. If you see any blonde ones they might be the wifes pubes :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Don't know how they compare to the RR
Quote from a review :- Although the Bridgstone BT-016 and Michelin Power Pures are superb tyres, the Dunlop noses ahead with ultimate grip, fast warm up, ride quality, feel and confidence. It has duel compound rubber front and back. Independent tests show the Sportsmart to last longer than the Michelin Power Pure, Pirelli Diablo Russo and Bridgestone BT-016
Can you identify where you got that quote ?

I'm think I saw the first part of the quote in a Dunflop Qualifier 2 rewiew not the Sportsmart.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you identify where you got that quote ?

I'm think I saw the first part of the quote in a Dunflop Qualifier 2 rewiew not the Sportsmart.
Yes from MCN a few months ago. I cut the review out and kept it so I could remember what tyre it was when I needed to get them. I think I read some where else Dunlop took these to a track and invited the major competition to bring theirs along for comparison to back up how good they were. So far I've done 80miles and very happy with them.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Gonna try the conti sport attack2 on the spare wheels next month

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am currently having Metzeler M5 Interacts fitted - will post a pic when I get them back on the R at the weekend

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Moved it to the top

As said (well near anyway as I just stuck Negativity to the top), so both threads can be read for anyone interested.

PLC (60 miles on stock tyres on tha Akra and they are wearing well)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Bike magazine tyre test

So got the latest edition of BIKE Magazine and loads of tyre test and stuff in it.

Track comperison tests between:

Avon VP2EXTREME (113 points)
Bridgestone BT-003 RS (117 points)
Continental RACEATTACK (114 points)
Dunlop GP RACER D209 (128 points)
Metzeler RACETEC INTERACT (126 points)
Michelin POWER ONE (106 points)
Pirelli DIABLO SUPERCORSA SP (135 points)

SUPERCORSA SP won the test and was the only tyre with no negative comments at all just praise.:D

Also had tyre tests (not a group test) on:

M5 Interact
"loved it... worked beyond ewerytihng they expected...It's not a track tyre but performs werry well on track too... Werry good in the wet"

Sportsmart
They said it's a exelent crosower tyre between the Qualifier 2 and the GP Racer D211
"We also did a small stint on wet tarmac and the grip was astonishingly good. I don't recall ewer riding this fast and having this level of control on a wet track with street tyres..Indipendent tests have varified that it has improved durability...."

Power Pure
Owerall the power Pure's rewiew was positive but on track the testers gave bad remarks on rear grip. On a cold tyre the rear was werry slippery and even when it wermed up it still slid a lot but was more controllable. They talked alot about the ligtht tyre tecnology but without a chance to compare against other tyres the riders didn't notice it having any efect.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Just fitted the Power Pures (£245 for the pair fitted), will let you know how they go (obviously round and bloody round before anysmart arse jumps in). The guys at Micheledever were saying that they haven't managed to get any 2CT fronts for weeks and predict that Michelin will stop making them pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts