KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look the business on the promotional video, but is it a Dragon's Den job (or Tomorrows World - showung my age here)
Tyre Down™ - Tie Her Down with Ease
Has anyone got any practical and unbiassed experience
As a solo rider without 3 hands to load the trailer when in a rush to get to the ride or cold, wet and knackered afterwards it looks good - ie easier than trying to balance the bike while the handlebar straps are trying to make it fall over, and would save time but for about £50 with postage I could get a few new sets of ratchet straps.
Seem to be some concerns about the bike wobbling in the rear view mirror, but as long as its fast down and doesn't knacker the forks ...?
Any experience welcome

·
Registered
987 Posts
looks a good bit of kit that :cool: easy to make yourself by the looks of it :burp: think I'll have a go at that next week, I'll post up the finished product.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
If its any use, when I had a trailer, I used to leave one ratchet strap 'set' to the right length and just pull the other down until the bars were level. job done!

you could always get one of these to hold your bike...

but be careful, she might get blown away!

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Much more fiddly than tiedowns, though. So if you cant manage to lean the bike slightly to one side with one tiedown while you walk round to the other side to put the second tiedown on, you will never cope with this contraption!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The intention is to make life easier so thanks for the input

Not sure I could cope with Ben's contraption either - nice bike though!

·
Registered
987 Posts
If its any use, when I had a trailer, I used to leave one ratchet strap 'set' to the right length and just pull the other down until the bars were level. job done!

you could always get one of these to hold your bike...

but be careful, she might get blown away!
She can hold MY bike any fricking time :eek: and IF she is a good girl........

she can cook me a decent fry up, the morning after :D:):D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts