KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
10,760 Posts
Everyone gives you a different answer to this one, it's very frustrating. On the road, I would run 34 upfront and 36 on the rear.

On the track, the opinions are very different but if you run them too low, i.e. 28 you get the low-pressure warning light coming on.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
For the road. Run them at the pressures you ran your last bike at. I honestly can't tell the difference when I piss about with pressures on the road unless they're too low. If you ride in a part of the country where there's a car slowing you down after every corner, just pump the fuckers up. If you ride in a part of the country where there's very little other traffic and you ride like a loon using all of the tyre. Run them at the pressures you ran your last bike at.

For the track. Speak with the tyre guy on site. Ask him what hot pressure you need to be at then go from there. Don't worry about a dash light, worry about having the correct pressure on track.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not quite.....my 36/42 was referring to road riding, not track. Ref 990Glen: I was surprised by your 36/36, so had a look in my manual. It says "solo/with passenger/fully loaded: 36/42."

My track days I've just reduced them "a bit" - 32/36 or thereabouts, which I accept is guesswork but felt OK. I'm not aiming for lap records, just to enjoy myself. And I do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not quite.....my 36/42 was referring to road riding, not track. Ref 990Glen: I was surprised by your 36/36, so had a look in my manual. It says "solo/with passenger/fully loaded: 36/42."

My track days I've just reduced them "a bit" - 32/36 or thereabouts, which I accept is guesswork but felt OK. I'm not aiming for lap records, just to enjoy myself. And I do.
My manual says solo 36/36

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dave Moss Tuning has some videos about how to set your tyre pressures on your bike, as does Bennetts Bike Social.

Basically pointless asking on a forum like this, due to all the variables, you need to put in the hard yards and work it out yourself. Same for your suspension, trial and error plus compromise.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
For the road. Run them at the pressures you ran your last bike at. I honestly can't tell the difference when I piss about with pressures on the road unless they're too low. If you ride in a part of the country where there's a car slowing you down after every corner, just pump the fuckers up. If you ride in a part of the country where there's very little other traffic and you ride like a loon using all of the tyre. Run them at the pressures you ran your last bike at.

For the track. Speak with the tyre guy on site. Ask him what hot pressure you need to be at then go from there. Don't worry about a dash light, worry about having the correct pressure on track.
38R 34F works for me on most bikes and most sports or sports touring tyres for the road. I've experimented and a couple of PSI either way does make a difference. 38/34 seem to be the sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I run 36 rear and 33 front on the gen3 with those tyres, works good for the road although like Charlie says i honestly cannot tell the difference between fucking about with a few psi.

I'm also probably pushing my luck for the road but i cant help but roll on the edge of the tyre, its where the fun is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I’ve got my sc corsa tyres on . Bike keeps throwing warning due to rear tyre pressure too low .
How can I get it off my dash guys ????

I’m running 29 cold ( was getting to 34 when running on a not so warm evening)

·
Registered
672 Posts
So I’ve got my sc corsa tyres on . Bike keeps throwing warning due to rear tyre pressure too low .
How can I get it off my dash guys ????

I’m running 29 cold ( was getting to 34 when running on a not so warm evening)
When i do track days Noste i get the pressure warning light signal, but its not a problem, on the road i run 34f 36r and no warnings, i run this pressure on both S22s and now Conti sport attack 4s. You can get the dealer/ktm work shop to turn off the pressure warning system if you want it gone. But personally i think your running your road tire pressures too low, but your on very sticky rubber that needs heat to work, and not necessarily the best tire for road riding varying conditions. on the track im 30f 28r conti or s22.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When i do track days Noste i get the pressure warning light signal, but its not a problem, on the road i run 34f 36r and no warnings, i run this pressure on both S22s and now Conti sport attack 4s. You can get the dealer/ktm work shop to turn off the pressure warning system if you want it gone. But personally i think your running your road tire pressures too low, but your on very sticky rubber that needs heat to work, and not necessarily the best tire for road riding varying conditions. on the track im 30f 28r conti or s22.
Agree they are low for the road but I dont ride the bike when cold or wet , eg calm ride around last evening with 13 degree temp my tyres were 34r 35f when hot ( well warm anyway ) they stayed at this and usually it would be warmer and I am always very careful to get them to temps .
just didn’t want the warning up . As I then have to go into menu to see if the warning ⚠ is for something else eg fuel .. cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts