KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
When i do track days Noste i get the pressure warning light signal, but its not a problem, on the road i run 34f 36r and no warnings, i run this pressure on both S22s and now Conti sport attack 4s. You can get the dealer/ktm work shop to turn off the pressure warning system if you want it gone. But personally i think your running your road tire pressures too low, but your on very sticky rubber that needs heat to work, and not necessarily the best tire for road riding varying conditions. on the track im 30f 28r conti or s22.
iam due a new s22 rear but no stock in U.K.
so having to get sport attack 4

·
Registered
672 Posts
Its the opposite down here, plenty of S22, but the Conti range sell out fast. Especially the Trail Attacks, which i run on my Multistrada. You will like the CSA4's, amazing in the dry, more grip over the S22, and better on the track, but they not so good in the damp or wet where the S22 excels.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Oh PS, what you will notice with the CSA4s, is they have very steep sides (17-55-200) and its very hard to get to the outer edge of them. Talking to a mate who races a RC8, he runs Conti's and he said for on the track the 190 is better, it has a flatter profile much like the S22, and gives a wider patch on the edge of the tire, for better edge grip. He didn't like the 200 on track.
Tire Wheel Sports equipment Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
132 Posts
For road tyres, it's best to run on the TYRE manufacturer's recommendations. They've already done the testing for you (even when you think they're expanding too much due to heat). This is if you're an average person. If you're a lot heavier or lighter, you can go down or up a couple of PSI to suit your weight. Then +/- 1 psi for every 5 degC ambient temp (measured when cold) above or below 24 degC.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I find manufacturer's 41/36 pressures for the Conti RAs (and most tyres TBH) are too high. They feel wooden and sketchy, whatever the temperature. Drop them a fraction to 38/34 and the ride improves and I can feel them bite the road.
If I get impatient and shoot out on the bike without checking the pressures and they're too low, I can tell, especially the front. 1.5-2 PSI is very noticeable and the steering feels slower.
Maybe it helps having analogue suspension that isn't constantly changing it's parameters (and frequently riding familiar roads where I know what to expect from the bike) but I don't get it when people say they can't tell the difference between pressures.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts