KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sorry, just noticed I’d not replied to this one regarding the quickshifter. What do you mean? As far as I’m aware the throttle is still being wound on and I’m just giving it a tap up. To be honest I’ve not tried it for ages as when it doesn’t work it removes my smile rather quickly... when it works though I just don’t stop grinning like a twat

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Still undecided on tyres but I di need to get my finger out and buy a set, it's looking like I'll probably go with the conti sport attack 3 but has anybody here used the race attack on the road with any success etc?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Toyed with it, but seriously unless you're doing trackdays, just stick with the Sport Attacks. Warm up quick, work well in all conditions, give loads of confidence all the way to the end of the tyres life, will give higher mileage for less money. But the Race Attacks do look cool.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Still undecided on tyres but I di need to get my finger out and buy a set, it's looking like I'll probably go with the conti sport attack 3 but has anybody here used the race attack on the road with any success etc?
I've just scrubbed these in now, cracking tire , diablo rosso corsa 2 .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yeah I was thinking they may be something like the attack sm I had before on the 690 but to be fair, I'm sure I'll be over the moon with the sport attack 3s anyway. I'll probably manage another set of something before and of the year too

·
Registered
171 Posts
You running mixed tyres?
Yep. I'm too mean to change a tyre with some life left. FWR told me that the tread patterns are compatible, so it's allegedly fine. I seem to recall that the manual advises against mixing tyres with different tread styles. Feels fine anyway, which I guess is the real test.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Use the Conti Race Attacks (endurance) on my 690 SMCR. Not had any problems with them but can't compare to the Conti SM's as they were wore out when I purchased the bike. Mileage seems to be similar (1500-2000)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yep. I'm too mean to change a tyre with some life left. FWR told me that the tread patterns are compatible, so it's allegedly fine. I seem to recall that the manual advises against mixing tyres with different tread styles. Feels fine anyway, which I guess is the real test.
Bit late now but I wouldn't, the corsa is a different profile than the m7rr, both front and back are designed to work together. The perelli front tire is where the real feel comes from, it is miles ahead of the m7rr in grip and feel .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bit late now but I wouldn't, the corsa is a different profile than the m7rr, both front and back are designed to work together. The perelli front tire is where the real feel comes from, it is miles ahead of the m7rr in grip and feel .
I'll be putting a Pirelli on the front. Funny - I didn't much rate the feel of the M7RR, which is why I am going Pirelli. But some other folk have suggested I am mistaken, and that the M7rr has excellent feel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
M7rr are shitty road tires. Unless you always ride with 0 lean angle they are fine, more than that, they are slippery as hell.

Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2, Bridgestone S22, Supercorsa SP/BSB are better options.

·
Registered
171 Posts
M7rr are shitty road tires. Unless you always ride with 0 lean angle they are fine, more than that, they are slippery as hell.

Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2, Bridgestone S22, Supercorsa SP/BSB are better options.
I never found them slippery. I just thought they were a bit vague in the feedback department.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Best sports tyre I've used to date for feedback is the Conti Sport Attack 3. Front end confidence is outstanding which is particularly useful on an upright supernaked like the SDR which doesn't place as much load on the front wheel as a sports bike.

I thought the M7RRs were vague too, And I had a couple of unexplained rear end slips when the surface was good and I wasn't on the power. Lovely profile though. Slightly quicker steering than the Contis and a rear that rolls into turns like a barrel in water. But when you lose confidence it's the end of the relationship.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you looked at the Bridgestone t30 evo r I've used 2 sets and what a tyre wet or dry I've had to slam on filtering over 30 in the wet on the white line and they've stopped no issues and clipped a few white line heavy cornering in wet weather and spanked the shit out of them in the dry on my versys and my mk1 1200 stage 3 tuned bandit

·
Registered
291 Posts
M7RR's aren't the latest iteration of sports road tyres but personally I think they suit the SDR very well although 'feel' is a matter of personal taste, obviously if you do a lot of track riding then you should fit more track oriented tyres but there is no point fitting 'sticky' tyres that'll wear out in under 1500 miles unless you can justify that level of grip. I've posted the link below before but just to re-illustrate the point scroll down the page for the video, watch it for a couple of minutes, and then decide if M7RR's are crap and whether you ride hard enough to justify something more 'sporty'...

VIDEO: Rutter & Stock GSX-R1000R Lap The TT | Cambrian Tyres - The UK's No.1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Got maybe 300 odd miles on the conti sport attacks now and I must admit, I like them....a lot. Thanks to the guys who suggested them. I can see me sticking with these

·
Registered
427 Posts
Has anyone actually tried the Metzeler Racetec rr’s? The k3 road orientated version? £260 a set at demon tweeks now.

Didn’t like the m7rr’s at first, not based on anything other that not knowing them/road tyres in general or their limits really (and was going to change them) but 1200 miles in on the sdr and obviously pushing harder now, they’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them fair play, decent tyre it seems, but am holding back a bit because of not knowing their limits.

Would like something I feel comfy properly taking the piss on, bit of overkill if you like.
Only ever used Supercorsa sc1/2 scrubs on the road, could go that way but can’t be arsed changing tyres every five mins now I’m actually managing to get some road mileage in.

Just wondered if people weren’t using them for that reason, just mileage? If I got 2000 ish miles out of a set that’d be mega as that’ll be the most annual mileage I’ve ever done, so prob a set a year would be enough then. M7rr’s look like they’ll go more than that, mine are still nice and round, 50% + left.....but just can’t quite trust them 100% when I really want to.

Only ever ride dry roads I know well on quiet nights or early doors.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts