KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m going to change the tyres in my 500 when the moose’s are dead. I’m wanting to do a bit of road work in between the lanes but still be able to handle the mud and fun stuff. I’ve used tkc80’s in the past and was going for a set on the 500!
Are there any more good choices out there which are a good allrounder??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was going to give the Michelin Trackers a go, They don’t look bad,
Pindie could probably tell you more about them.

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Trackers are ace in this weather on a 150. I have a set here to chuck on mine once this nightmare is over.

It’d be good to get feedback for them on a 450/500. I suspect they will make a very good cost effective all round use tyre. It’d be mental not to try them for trail/road and practice type use if you use mediums to race.

·
Premium Member
7,091 Posts
Are Trackers basically AC10's with rounded off knobblies? ...... not talking about the nightmare front AC10 :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trackers are ace in this weather on a 150. I have a set here to chuck on mine once this nightmare is over.

It’d be good to get feedback for them on a 450/500. I suspect they will make a very good cost effective all round use tyre. It’d be mental not to try them for trail/road and practice type use if you use mediums to race.
Good call I may try a set of them!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Good call I may try a set of them!

I have been using them on a 250 done quite a lot of roadwork they are quite soft but should last ok if you stay off the throttle..at around eighty quid a pair I like them... there's also the maxxis IT similar and last quite well possibly a bit more nobbly

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Trackers are not a modded AC10 as far as I’m aware. Different carcass, rubber compound and knob layout.

The rounded but full length knobs mean the grip you get new is the grip you have ages later. A normal sharp edged tyre loses performance and that sharp cutting edge fast, then it’s no better than a tracker so why pay extra for a bit of grip that’s irrelevant riding on the road to a trail? By the time you get to a trail you’ve lost the edge.

·
Premium Member
7,091 Posts
Will get a set for the 530 when current mitas have spent. Enduro tyres still the best place?

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
I get mine from Endurotyres. Might not be cheapest but you do get them next day and they won’t be old stock. If you want bib up spray or a chain etc they will put that inside the tyres to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts