KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
Just after some fresh rubber for mi 990 adv has anyone tried those heidenhau k60s ? if so what sort of milage did ya get, what did they grip and roll like ?
ive had pirelli scorpions and conti tkc's before the later really good off road and supprisingly good on tarmac..
but only getting 3000 miles from a rear :(
off up scotland next month wi the mrs so need sumat to cope with the weight :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers dg id never heard of them.. just googled em they look very simlar huge deep tread patern. i shall do some digging seem cheap enough.. any vibes through
the front ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've just had a pair of K60s fitted (bought through Oponeo). Although they have quite an aggressive thread pattern, they grip on tarmac very well. Took a while to scrub-in, but all in all, not bad. Seem happy at 100+ with no lack of stability and they track nice and straight after adjusting the suspension to be more compliant.

My only complaint is that the front tyre has been difficult to balance (two attempts so far) and so the front rim now wears two full sets of weights in an attempt to bring it within tolerable levels. I've been in communication with both Heidenau and Oponeo and may have to exchange the tyre... so I'll keep you posted.

I'd give them an 8/10, but you have to remember that they are nothing like Scorps. However if you want to venture off road, they're apparently pretty good (I won't get a chance to test that until Spain next month).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Had a K60 on the rear. I really rated it on the road even in the wet and the wear rate is excellent.
However the 150 profile has a raised centre band to aid and I guess slow down wear, and once down to the band they're useless off road on anything but bone dry surfaces. They pretty much become a slick.
I'd reccommend them for road and dry off-road only... They'll be fine with the missus on a road trip :)
HTH, Andy

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
Had a K60 on the rear. I really rated it on the road even in the wet and the wear rate is excellent.
However the 150 profile has a raised centre band to aid and I guess slow down wear, and once down to the band they're useless off road on anything but bone dry surfaces. They pretty much become a slick.
I'd reccommend them for road and dry off-road only... They'll be fine with the missus on a road trip :)
HTH, Andy
There is an option Andy, get a sharp wood chisel and cut that bit out…..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.