KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, now I have the time and money to jump on this, there seems to be a world shortage of these buggers. Everywhere I look they are on back order but at least the old gear pinion seems to have been replaced by K60038001024
I always feel guilty/concerned when I'm out for a ride knowing I should have done this ages ago

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that WM.
Fowler's got back to me and said it's on backorder as it's not a part they keep a supply of unlike filters ect. They said go ahead with the order and they order from KTM
Simples !

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi all, now I have the time and money to jump on this, there seems to be a world shortage of these buggers. Everywhere I look they are on back order but at least the old gear pinion seems to have been replaced by K60038001024
I always feel guilty/concerned when I'm out for a ride knowing I should have done this ages ago
Mine took 5 days through Jim Aim in March

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks also for this WM, mines being delivered today from Fowlers.
Prevention is certainly way cheaper than a rebuild !

this is everything i ordered from Fowlers to do the job https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/

on backorder though, but still work getting the job done ASAP. its something that costs £50, but it could cost you more if it breaks.

https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/rc8-superbike/1341277-she%92s-dead-jim.html

0799080000 x1
60038007010 x2
K60038001024 x1
0402041580 x1

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's been a while but this has now been done, not too difficult but took it slowly and combined the work with a good service.
I also ended up ordering a clutch cover gasket and a waterpump rubber gasket. Probably not needed but made it easier and hopefully there'll be no leaks.
It would have been an ideal time to have fitted a new water pump shaft seal and, if your keen and flush, perhaps one of those gear selector jobbies from the states. I couldn't justify the £££.
Pleased I've done it, peace of mind.
Thanks for the heads up @whitemarmite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts