KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

URGENT URGENT

Police have found a Superduke, LX57 GBY registered to an owner in South London, in Lion Mews N1.

Youths were seen wheeling it away, but were put off when the alarm went off.

The owner hasn't yet reported it stolen so the police can't seize it, so it's still there - although they did let down the tyres so the youths can't ride it.

It's undamaged, etc, but in a vulnerable spot.

Chances are the owner isn't online right now, as the bike isn't close to their home, so ring all your South East London mates with a black 07 standard superduke and check they know where it is.

PM me for more details.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It a fucking joke, why cant the pigs remove it as suspected stolen ... fekin pigs :wanker:
Because it's not reported.

What they have done is all they are allowed, and it shows some smarts to let the bike forums know.

They will also send someone to the owners address, but chances are no-one is at home as their transport isn't there.

Apart from that - thanks for your helpful comments KK. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
So owner comes out of his mate's flat in Lion Mews, jumps on his bike, then realises the tyres are flat.... he will be deflated

·
The "Flid"
7,208 Posts
Blah, blah, blah

Whys it have to be reported, are the pigs so thick they cant work it out for them selfs :rolleyes:

What do they do when someones robbing a house, wait for the owner to get back off his hols and reports it :dozey:, thick as pig shit

·
Registered
940 Posts
so go on the DVLA website and lie about why you need the owners details, then ring the police reporting it stolen giving the owners details ;)
owner then comes out the pub and finds he has to pay £100 for the recovery and storage of his bike after it was moved :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So owner comes out of his mate's flat in Lion Mews, jumps on his bike, then realises the tyres are flat.... he will be deflated
What a let down...

...seriously though, they know it's stolen as it was wheeled away from it's original parking space, so the owner wont even find it. ...and if they do, all they need is a pump.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Whys it have to be reported, are the pigs so thick they cant work it out for them selfs :rolleyes:

What do they do when someones robbing a house, wait for the owner to get back off his hols and reports it :dozey:, thick as pig shit
This thread is designed to find the owner of a missing bike, not to provide a soapbox for your opinions of the police.

Any more unhelpful rants will be deleted as off-topic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help and PMs guys.

Police have traced the owner and the bike is being re-united with him as I type.

Smiles all round, and the Police should be thanked for going above and beyond what is normally asked of them.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Thanks for the help and PMs guys.

Police have traced the owner and the bike is being re-united with him as I type.

Smiles all round, and the Police should be thanked for going above and beyond what is normally asked of them.

Good news !

·
Registered
110 Posts
brilliant news and a pretty decent job from the rozzers who also did a fine job recovering my stolen SD and getting the little scroats who stole it a six year stretch...

s

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Coppers also found my SD when it was stolen, and pro-actively tracked me down - and waited by the bike (where it was found) for me to turn up and collect it. :D

They also took the culprits to court - although they were too young to do time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Coppers also found my SD when it was stolen, and pro-actively tracked me down - and waited by the bike (where it was found) for me to turn up and collect it. :D

They also took the culprits to court - although they were too young to do time. :rolleyes:
Excellent news! But did they do the same for this bike? Wait beside it? KK has a very valid point tho. I'd rather come out, find my bike gone, ring the feds and find out they have it, than hear they left it cause i hadnt reported it, and possibly have the bike wrecked on me..

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not sure what the debate is here.

Having come across a bike under suspicious circumstances, the police pro-actively tracked down the owner, and made sure he got the bike back - before he even new it was stolen. They even had the savvy to ask for help from two KTM forums. ...From the timescale involved, and the conversations I've had with the officer on the scene, I'm 99% sure that they did indeed wait with the bike until the owner collected it.

As far as I'm concerned that is top class work.

I'm dead chuffed to be able to write a positive post about a stolen bike, good police work and a happy owner.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

Having come across a bike under suspicious circumstances, the police pro-actively tracked down the owner, and made sure he got the bike back - before he even new it was stolen. They even had the savvy to ask for help from two KTM forums. ...From the timescale involved, and the conversations I've had, I'm 99% sure that they did indeed wait with the bike until the owner collected it.

I'm dead chuffed to be able to write a positive post about a stolen bike, good police work and a happy owner.
Very often we tag ALL police as being 'anti-motorcycle'. This clearly shows they are not - the easy answer would have been to quickly check the bike out, find it was not reported stolen, then ignore it and go get a coffee. Looks like someone there actually gave a shit, used a bit of good old fashioned initiative, and went out of their way to track down the owner and re-unite them with their machine.

I for one would have been stunned if it was my bike ! BIG pat on the back for the officer(s ?) involved !

Don't tar all police officers with the same brush guys !

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Having come across a bike under suspicious circumstances, the police pro-actively tracked down the owner, and made sure he got the bike back - before he even new it was stolen. They even had the savvy to ask for help from two KTM forums. ...From the timescale involved, and the conversations I've had with the officer on the scene, I'm 99% sure that they did indeed wait with the bike until the owner collected it.

Dutch, to me its an excellent piece of police work and understandibly at the time you didnt want the thread cluttered with unhelpful opinions, which was fair enough. I just made the point, after it was sorted, that i'd rather the police took my bike if they felt there was something suspicious about it, and at least then the worst that wud happen is i'd have to go collect it.. Wether the bike was being stolen or not, at least the bike would've been safe. Everybody loves positive stories like this.

·
Registered
729 Posts
For all the anti-police comments, thanks. The copper who called Dutch was me. I have found (personally) about 5-6 KTMs in the past two months.

The bike was registered in south london (the bike was found in north london) - the reason i called dutch was the chances are that when we go round to his house he won't be home (however a registered keepers check is always done anyway); if i can find a phone number via this forum it makes it easier for all concerned.
The reason we have to confirm if a bike has been stolen or not is down to the government, not the police - until the owner reports it as being nicked (no matter how obvious it is) then it isn't nicked. It pisses me off more than it does any of you, but it's down to budgets and bureaucracy. This is why we will let down a bikes tyres, so at least it can't be wheeled away.
If anyone has any better ideas i'm all ears.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts