KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm collecting a used 2020 Gen3 on Wednesday. Its got the Tech Pack.
Is My Ride standard or an optional extra?
Can I put the heated grips (installed) on the C1 or C2 lever?

·
Registered
342 Posts
My ride needs to be activated by the dealer ..usually done at PDI but can be done later if missed (like mine was) and is no cost to you
And yes heated grips can be set to C1 or C2

·
Registered
50 Posts
My ride needs to be activated by the dealer ..usually done at PDI but can be done later if missed (like mine was) and is no cost to you
And yes heated grips can be set to C1 or C2
They must have missed mine too, I’ll have to get down to my dealer to sort it. Have you connect satnav through it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I gave the My Ride sat nav a go a few weeks ago in the lakes. We were off the main routes on single track roads. I was impressed how accurate it was. I'm happy to use it when we go away rather than have to attach my Garmin to the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up the bike today & its amazing. I set the suspension to standard & it felt ok, will try comfort in due course.

Two things I noticed. The grips (heated) are rock hard.
With the clutch span in as far as it would go its still too far out for me, made worse by the biting point being right on the end of the stroke - I've just about lost my grip when it bites - I feel a little out of control!

·
Registered
22 Posts
HAve you tried working any bubbles out by pulling the lever in and then letting it flick back out?
In my experience a lot of sporty bikes have the biting point near the end of the lever travel. You barely need to pull the clutch at all to cange gear when set like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OP: Sounds like you`re going to need after-market levers to address the span problem then, maybe something with more curve in them ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Size 8 or 9 in work gloves. Alpine Stars SP8 size medium.
Medium size in bike gloves is smallish. I take large or xta-large in bike gloves, and id have a medium size hands. So thats probably why the the reach to the clutch lever is too much. Different leavers will help, I've noticed that clutch on mine works pretty much works from pull in, and the last bit when letting the clutch out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts