KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

FYI, my other half and I recently purchased 2 Uvex Enduro helmets from Smart Riders in Christchurch.

Initial response is absolutley awesome. I've tried on a number of other 'dual sports' helmets and as value for money this has to rank amongst the best. It's comfy, extremely quiet and easy to change the visor/ peak configuration. The padding even has little pockets for headphone speakers!! :eek:

All for £180 each, with a discount for getting 2!! Will post some pictures if you want anything specific but the glossy brochure photos show most of the helmet. :burnout:

Tried on the carbon version as well- lovely helmet and is as light as a feather, if you can afford £450 I'd go for it...;)

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Ive seen pics of it before and it looks excellent IMO . But yes please post up some close up pics .
No one over here (Northern Ireland) keeps them so I've never been able to try one on .

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I once bought a beautiful carbon lid that was lovely, seems to be a nice material for helmets... sadly mine fell off the handle bar whilst parked up! bugger! look after them well matey!!

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
I thought UVEX made lenses for safety glasses ; didn't realise they also make helmets
the carbon one looks the dogs - far to expensive and flash tho IMHO
have you got a link to the standard one you bought?
cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Its a lot cheeper than a tour x, is it road legal with the peak on?
Im after a new MX style lid but don't want to spend £380

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a link the normal helmet from the shop we got it from:

http://www.smart-riders.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=947

It is indeed road legal with the peak on- it meets all the usual standards EC025 or whatever:

Three in one! On-road, off-road! Attractive all-round helmet for enduro riders, motocross riders and fighters. The shield and visor of the uvex ENDURO are removable, making the helmet a flexible all-rounder.
Material: Polycarbon
Visor: uvex supravision® nano super anti fog/super anti scratch 3D single shield – made of makrolon® - smoke
Lock: Steckrastschloss
Features: -anti-allergic, removable and washable COOL MAX inner lining -removable cheek padding -windcuff -optional mit oder ohne Visier fahrbar -Schnellverschluss für Visierwechsel -Recommended for spectacle wearers -helmet bag
Weight: 1490/1590 g
Standard: ECE R 22.05
It is a little plain and because it's Lexan it can't be painted or have stickers apparently :rolleyes: But if you're travelling to Europe they also do a nice black and orange one:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Categories/motorradhelme-Helmets/UVEX-Helmets/Uvex-Enduro

You can also get a number of different visors:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Visier-Uvex-Enduro/SubProducts/Visier-Uvex-Enduro-0001&ChangeAction=SelectSubProduct

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
Here's a link the normal helmet from the shop we got it from:

http://www.smart-riders.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=947

It is indeed road legal with the peak on- it meets all the usual standards EC025 or whatever:

It is a little plain and because it's Lexan it can't be painted or have stickers apparently :rolleyes: But if you're travelling to Europe they also do a nice black and orange one:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Categories/motorradhelme-Helmets/UVEX-Helmets/Uvex-Enduro

You can also get a number of different visors:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Visier-Uvex-Enduro/SubProducts/Visier-Uvex-Enduro-0001&ChangeAction=SelectSubProduct
that black and orange one is very nice at 200 Euros; and they will ship to the UK for 10 Euro:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
What's costing £380 ? I bought a tour X 3 in White a few months back for £300 . Everywhere else I looked was £350 .
I was looking at the tour x 3 luster/orange colour, at helmet city, they are
doing it for £386, the white is going for £229, might have to stick to plain colours arai paint seems very expensive!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if you get the plain Arai then you can get that painted in your own time and you get to have your own design!!! :smokin:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I was looking at the tour x 3 luster/orange colour, at helmet city, they are
doing it for £386, the white is going for £229, might have to stick to plain colours arai paint seems very expensive!
Orange dude if thats a tour X 3 for £229 I'd buy it as thats a cracking price.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Shoei Hornet DS?

DJ

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey just wandering what you think of the uvex lid after a year, would you still recommend it or would i be better spending the extra for a tour x

Evening all,

FYI, my other half and I recently purchased 2 Uvex Enduro helmets from Smart Riders in Christchurch.

Initial response is absolutley awesome. I've tried on a number of other 'dual sports' helmets and as value for money this has to rank amongst the best. It's comfy, extremely quiet and easy to change the visor/ peak configuration. The padding even has little pockets for headphone speakers!! :eek:

All for £180 each, with a discount for getting 2!! Will post some pictures if you want anything specific but the glossy brochure photos show most of the helmet. :burnout:

Tried on the carbon version as well- lovely helmet and is as light as a feather, if you can afford £450 I'd go for it...;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a year...

I've no real complaints about the helmet. The top bolt that holds on the peak can come loose, but nothing some black nastie tape couldn't fix. If you wear cheap body armour (I use a Wulfsport occassionaly) the chin rubs the shoulder when you do your life saver checks. It's really comfortable (for me!!), great vision, and although it comes with a smoke visor, it actually helps reduce dazzle at night (unless that's just me as well :confused:). My favourite thing about it is the little pockets for headphone speakers- they are brilliant and after hours of wear my ears are just fine :D It can be a little noisey at high speeds :censored:, but what do you expect when you've a short windscreen and a peaked helmet!!! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts