KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
950sm owners ...can I ask if anyone has had shims done due to valve clearance problems ...and how many miles had your bike done then ?

I have done 15k and the bike is rattling a bit and after checking one of everything ...looks like the valve clearances need work (it was checked at 10000 service ..so guess its about time).

cheers kris

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Has everyone and their aunty bought a 950SM this week? Good craic!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Checked mine tuther day at about 35,000 miles and they were all tight and need doing but before I do it I need to get myself a few tools ie decent torque wrench and a spark plug spanner that fits oh! and a nice sunny day would be good as I dont have a garage or shed :hmh:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Checked mine tuther day at about 35,000 miles and they were all tight and need doing but before I do it I need to get myself a few tools ie decent torque wrench and a spark plug spanner that fits oh! and a nice sunny day would be good as I dont have a garage or shed :hmh:
What size wrench is needed for this fella?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice to hear matey with 35k still rolling along without doing them. Gives me a chance to get over water pump overhaul-ish before getting in a muddle with bloody valve clearences..... :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine needed adjusting at 8500 mile big service, which was the last time I got them checked until a couple of days ago (2 years later) they were checked at 22500 miles, and they were still spot on. Put new sparks, air filter and battery in. Still running great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts