KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have fumbled my way through fitting the vapour and now have indicator warning lamps (for left and right) and high beam warning light (this was easy as bike came with that already!). Fitted the temp sensor and tach sensor too and
all thats left to do is the speedo sensor which seems to be pretty straight forward the one thing I am struggling with is the power feed as I am not sure which wire to tap into. I want the vapour to turn on as soon as I start the engine so would that mean direct to battery? If so which colour wire is this at the front of the bike and do I connect the black to an earth?
Finally do I need to put a fuse in line or will the fuse at batter protect the circuit? I tried playing around with multi meter to test some wires for a 12v feed but managed to blow a fuse!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opted for direct battery connection, simply tapped into the optimate leads which gives me a fused line too! One last thing (i promise!); I have a red/yellow wire which was connected to the stock instrument panel which I simply cut through so I could remove the old unit. Whilst it is insulated I haven't covered the end and I am sure that it touched the forks or frame today and blew the fuse (at first I thought it was the multi meters fault).
What is this wire and do I just cover it up now and tuck it away safe?

·
Premium Member
31,658 Posts
Red/yellow wire is permanent live, fused at the solenoid. Thats the wire you should have used!!

Brown is earth on KTM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.