KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone on here buy a Vortex ECU for their 250,350,450 or 500 four-strokes?

cheers

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
No, but Yanks seem to love them, bit pricey for me, I liked the look of the JD Box which is far cheaper and probably sorts out the issues caused by EU regs cocking up the fuelling on my FE350 - its not bad by any means, but I bet it could be way better with the Nanny State maps fixed.

·
Registered
652 Posts
No, but Yanks seem to love them, bit pricey for me, I liked the look of the JD Box which is far cheaper and probably sorts out the issues caused by EU regs cocking up the fuelling on my FE350 - its not bad by any means, but I bet it could be way better with the Nanny State maps fixed.
Whats happening with the fuelling?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Nothing bad, it takes a while to settle to a steady idle when coming down from higher revs, but apart from that very good....

...But I know how nice a (non EUx Compliant) perfectly fuelled feels like, even in the days of carbs often air corrector kits could make a very noticeable improvement, I bet a well setup Vortex bike is a beautiful thing.

I would suspect the off-the-peg JD tuner files also make a decent improvement over stock.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm thinking about GET or Vortex ECU
but can't decide on which one and they're alot of money
are they really that much better than a stock Euro map ECU,which runs fine but it's just a twat to start sometimes
does anyone sell GET ECU's in the UK?

cheers

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if they make a GET ECU for a 2013 bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts