KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a pair of goggles to my name - except some swimming ones. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a Shoei Hornet DS skidlid and wear goggles with it? If so, what make/model would you recommend?

Also, do they come with tinted lenses for those rare sunny days?

TIA

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Oakley Crowbars fit under a Tour-X with the screen up, not sure about the DS

Don't normally come with tinted lens but you can buy and change afterwards - I'd go with a yellow iridium one, dark enough to be useful in bright sunlight, but not too dark so you can still use them at dusk if needs be

I use www.dirtbikebitz.com for all my stuff...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
crowbars for sure !!! i use the fire iridium day and night been pulled by the plod with them on he was more intrested in what i was doing out on my bike at 3am and the size of my plate to even ask about my lenses (for the record i was off to work)

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I wear a pair of wrap around sunglasses (with yellow lenses) under my Airoh helmet and just flip the visor up when on the trails and down when on the road.

Following two eye operations, I now have to keep them protected and this system works really well as you don't get the bulk of goggles. The other option is clear safety goggles from B&Q etc but they obviously don't have any tint. The yellow ones are the light enhancing type so are great on cloudy days or when running through trees etc.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I have a few pairs of goggles and always go back to Scott, personally find they have a good range of sizes and shapes, loads of lenses to go at and they are pretty good value for money compared to the likes of Oakley. best bet, go to a shop and try a few pairs....

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Super happy with my Dragons.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My brother has the Shoei lid and he uses Scott goggles. They fit really well with hardly any gaps. Also can change the lenses for tinted very easily.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've got hornet DS and use oakleys.
first off just had them with the normal straps but swapped em for the quick release attachments.
Fits very nicely but ended up with sunburnt nose last summer (2 days in wales)
Easy-ish to change the lens

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Are there any that you can wear over glasses....can't be arsed with contact lenses all the time?
I wear some medium sized specs and the crowbars fit very neatly over them, they all *just* fit together with the Arai lid

I think it'll depend a lot on the shape of your particular glasses:smokin:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Tried those but the periferral vision was obscured by the large blacked out frames!!!
WSGG goggles. Cheap at £15-£18 and the frame is such that it's not a problem (Oakley's seem to be smaller framed so do obscure in some cases).

You may need to buy anti-fog spray too, not so much for the goggles, it'll be your glasses that mist up. Moreso if they are glass lenses not plastic. The spray will set you back £3.95 up to a fiver depending on which one you go for.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
i had some crowbars with my shoei v-moto (similar helmet;)) - they were nice but took the nose guard off as the foam was pushed into my eyes, but didn't like the nose guard anyway. I recently replaced these with some progrip goggles which have a light sensitive lens - the goggles are really nice quality and have nice thick foam and they hae a thicker lens also, apparently:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts