KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just fitted some akros onto my sm-t but you cant see them for the heat shield :(
does anyone know of a easy way to remove the shields and leave it looking good ?
i have seen bikes with it done but cant find a step by step guide if there is such a thing
also is there a way to take the rear luggage rack off but leaving it looking ok ?

thank you

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have just fitted some akros onto my sm-t but you cant see them for the heat shield :(
does anyone know of a easy way to remove the shields and leave it looking good ?
i have seen bikes with it done but cant find a step by step guide if there is such a thing
also is there a way to take the rear luggage rack off but leaving it looking ok ?

thank you
Hello bud

This really is a very easy job. You'll need a set of torx keys, just unscrew the two pannier brackets, the ones that run lateral on the pannier frames, and the heat shield slips off.......simples!

Dunno about the luggage rack

PS keep an eye on the weld on the bracket of the 'y' piece that attaches to the subframe. Hair line cracks along the weld are known of, I'm on my 3 'Y'..... all done on warranty I'm glad to say

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but that leaves the black bars underneath that looks horrible without the heatshields on,I want them off as well if they come off,I don't want to cut anything if possible

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the shorter travel suspension make a significant difference to the handling or is it just academic?
The handling feels so much better than it does on the 950,I'm no expert I just ride them but after 2 years on the 950,I seemed to be able to throw this smt into the corners with ease after the first 10 mins of riding it,I just felt so much more confident and I was actually able to keep up with the big bikes for a change lol.
My mate even said my riding was much better. But I think it's the bike not me.

Btw I think I found what I need for the akros,sm950 brackets :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts